1. Sitting at a window table at Green’s Restaurant in San Francisco, looking at the Golden Gate Bridge.
2. leaning over a wall at Hillary’s Marina in Perth, with the wind blowing my face, watching the gulls fly over the aqua-colored Indian Ocean.
3. In my recliner, with Polly curled up under my arm, her head on my chest.
4. In the pre-dawn hours in the bush, listening to the gallahs in the gum trees and watching Peggy’s dogs chase kangaroos and rabbits.
5. Anyplace in the fog (if it’s too thick, preferably not driving!)
6. The York Minster in York, England, at night, when the choir is rehearsing
7. Wandering through the Smithsonian’s Museum of American History
8. In front of a computer
9. The Hotel Calendal in Arles, France
10. Any place where I can watch the sea
11. On the deck of a Viking Ship watching different countries pass by
12. At a movie house watching a good movie, knowing that I don’t review movies.
13. Charring Cross Rd. in London