Sunday, December 30, 2018

Sunday Stealing


Welcome to Sunday Stealing. This feature originated and published on WTIT: The Blog. Here we will steal all types of questions from every corner of the blogosphere. Our promise to you is that we will work hard to find the most interesting and intelligent questions. (Past hosts include: Our first - Judd Corizan, Mr. L, Kwizgiver and Bud)  Cheers to all of us thieves!
 
Stolen from Strawberry Lollipop Kisses.

1. Are flowers a nice gift to give someone?
Sure.  Either flowers or wine.

2. Do you wear any jewelry?
I almost always wear earrings, sometimes a necklace, if I'm dressing up. 

3. Have you ever laid in a field of flowers?
Yes, but not lately.

4. Do you like tea?
It's OK, but rarely something I make for myself.  If I am going somewhere where tea is to be ordered, I order Earl Grey, which I do like.  Jeri has recommended a couple of teas for things like insomnia, but I have not tried them yet.

5. What would you do with a million dollars?
Probably squander it!  It would go to my kids, both the ones to whom I gave birth and the ones I sponsor through Compassion, Int'l.

6. What word do you have trouble saying?
Nothing that I can think of now, but I grew up in San Francisco two blocks from Greenwich St. and it took me to adulthood to realize that it was not pronounced Green-Witch.  The proper pronunciation still sounds strange to me.

7. Favorite fairytale?
I don't know that I have a favorite, but I do like "Beauty and the Beast."

8. Do you sleep with stuffed animals?
No.  I have often thought it would be nice to cuddle up with a soft teddy bear, but my recliner is too small to accommodate me and a stuffie.

9. Do you prefer the city or the country?
For a long time (15 years) after we moved here from the San Francisco Bay area, I really missed big city life.  Here we are small city, not country, and it is finally "home" for me and my preference.

10. Are you a big fan of makeup?
I haven't worn makeup in about 30 years.  For one thing, my eyesight is so bad I can't do anything that requires taking my glasses off!

11. Favorite drink?
Ice cold water.

12. What’s the longest amount of time you’ve stayed awake?
Probably 48 hours, the night Paul died and the next day/night.

13. Have you ever traveled outside of your country?
I have been very fortunate to have visited about 25 different countries.

14. Do you like spring?
Spring around here is so beautiful.  I love it.

15. Lipstick or lipgloss?
I haven't worn lipstick in a long time, but occasionally do put on lip gloss, if my lips are dry and cracked.

16. Favorite color?
Red....the bluish shade, not the orange-ish shade.

17. Do you like to decorate?
I would love to, but am terrible at it, so I just throw stuff around and let it lie where it lands.

18. Do you ever go barefoot when you’re outside?
I never go outside without either socks or sandals.

19. Are aliens real?
If this means from outer space, who knows?  It is illogical to think we are the only sentient beings in the universe (and more and more I question "sentience" with us!)  Aiens from other countries, of course--and we treat them shamefully.

20. Does you zodiac sign fit your personality?
I once read that Aquarians are the kind of people who never quite close drawers all the way.  That so fits me!  I am disorganized and messy....stereotypical Aquarian.

21.Favorite sea animal?
I love whales, especially humpbacks.

22. Are you a nice person?
Well, of course I am.  Would I admit it if I were not?

23. Favorite word?
Serendipity.

24. Night or day?
I like night, though lately I am not staying awake as late as I usually do, and sleeping in in the morning is nice.

25. What would make you happy right now?
Binge watching Mrs Maisel, since I'm supposed to be quiet today after my surgery yesterday.  Lunch would also be nice. We're having leftover burritos. 

No comments: