Sunday, May 20, 2018

Sunday Stealing

Welcome to Sunday Stealing. This feature originated and published on WTIT: The Blog. Here we will steal all types of questions from every corner of the blogosphere. Our promise to you is that we will work hard to find the most interesting and intelligent questions. (Past hosts include: Our first - Judd Corizan, Mr. L, Kwizgiver and Bud)  Cheers to all of us thieves!


 

This is from Care Bears


What never fails to cheer you up?
An NCIS marathon, believe it or not.


Which friend do you have the most in common with?
Char.  We have been friends for 60 years and while we have differing likes and dislikes, mostly we are in sync most of the time.


One thing that never fails to anger you?
The actions of the Trump administration.


Favorite way to spend a sunny day?
I wish I could say something healthy like going out and enjoying the weather, and doing all sorts of fun stuff, but really I prefer to spend the time inside.



Create a fortune cookie note based on your week.
Confucius says double check your calendar before heading to an event.


Favorite way to exercise?
Exercise?  Excuse me, but what is that?


Favorite thing about your best friend?
We have the same sense of humor, based on our experiences of 60 years


What kind of things do you like to create?
Interesting new recipes, Swap bot journals, writing Funny the World.


What languages would you like to learn?
I know a smattering of French and Portuguese (less now than 20 years ago) but would like to speak Spanish, which would be helpful, living in California.


A topic you’re really knowledgeable about?
The history of the Lamplighters music theater.  Everything else I think I might be knowledgeable about, sure as shootin' someone will point out where I have my facts wrong.


When do you feel you look your best?
About a week after I have my hair cut.


What types of music do you like to listen to?
I used to listen to music a lot, but rarely do any more.  When I do it's generally show tunes, John Denver, or older classical music (the 3 Bs and their ilk).


Something that leaves you completely in awe?
Oh so many things.  A gorgeous sweeping vista, preferably with an ocean attached, an intricate sculpture (thinking of the sculpture at St. George's chapel at Windsor Castle which made a sculpture aficionado of me)... 



(look at all those soft folds of fabric, sculpted in marble)
 
...a glorious choral work, watching the young contestants on Master Chef Junior

What is your most childish aspect?
Lack of self control.


A time where you had to be really brave?
Following the deaths of each of our kids.


How do you like to keep warm?
Hunkered down under a nice quilt.


What brings out your soft side?
baby anything .... humans, dogs, elephants, etc.


What is your favorite way to treat yourself?
Taking myself out to lunch, either alone or with a friend.


Something you’re proud of about yourself?
I have made a small difference in my part of the world.  No matter what else, I can hang on to that.


Something you don’t care about?
Most current movies, with lots of CGI and endless fights.

No comments: