Tuesday, May 29, 2018

Limp Spaghetti

When I woke up yesterday morning I expected to be sore all over after my fall, but surprisingly I didn't.  I had a few tiny aches and pains but nothing really bad. 

Then the sneezing started.  That wasn't unusual either.  I have a sneezing fit every morning, which have assumed for years is my body's way of getting rid of all the spores in the air.  Three or four sneezing fits and I'm good for the day.

Only this time the sneezing didn't stop and my throat was very raw.  Also, I began leaking precious bodily fluids from several orifices.  The mountain of tissues on the table next to me was piling up.  I remembered the days of my childhood when my mother would make sure I had clean, crisp sheets to climb under and pinned a paper bag to the side of the bed so I had somewhere to dispose of used tissues.  Now I tossed them willy nilly on the table next to the recliner.

My ears felt stuffed and my head felt swollen.  i didn't have a fever, but felt like limp spaghetti whenever I got up.

My throat hurt so I was not able to speak very loud at all.

Fortunately for me, there was an NCIS-LA marathon so I sat in a chair and watched the entire season one, from 9 a.m. until 1 a.m. (with a half hour break for Jeopardy). 

I had no appetite and I think all I had to eat all day was a couple of small cinnamon rolls left over from the day before, and a few spoonfuls of clam dip, without crackers.  I kept pouring cool water down my throat.

And that was how I spent my day. Walt cooked his own dinner.

I had some problem getting to sleep, but eventually passed out around 2 a.m. and slept pretty much through the night

I feel somewhat better and I think I'm going to live.  But I'm not going to Atria today, for fear of spreading germs.

Now aren't you glad I shared all that


No comments: