Sunday, December 4, 2016

Sunday Stealing

1. YOU HAVE 10 BUCKS AND NEED TO BUY SNACKS AT A GAS STATION. WHAT DO YOU GET?
Junk food like Cheetos, Pringles, Tortilla Chips (for Walt) and maybe some peanut M&Ms.

2. IF YOU WERE REINCARNATED AS SOME SORT OF SEA DWELLING CREATURE, WHAT WOULD YOU BE?
Oh a whale.  I love whales.  I'd like to be reincarnated as a whale so I could understand the whale language and society...kind of like I'd like to be reincarnated as an elephant for the same reason.
3. WHO'S YOUR FAVORITE REDHEAD?
A rising young director named Rachel Blackburn, who is the great niece of my late friend Gilbert.

4. WHAT DO YOU ORDER WHEN YOU'RE AT A DINER?
I have more difficulty with diners these days.  I used to always order some kind of burger, but these days I'm usually off burgers...they are too big for me, for one thing.  Lately I've been ordering fish & chips (god help me if I should order something green and healthy!)

5. LAST BOOK YOU READ?
"Return to Freedom" by my friend Alec Clayton.  It's the 2nd in his "Freedom" trilogy.  I did not read the first book, but now am looking forward to reading the third one.  I feel somewhat guilty because it was a couple of years ago that Alec asked me to review a couple of his books, but until I read this one, I had not been able to get into one of his books.  He's an excellent writer!

6. DESCRIBE YOUR FAVORITE PAIR OF UNDERWEAR?
I'm a granny panty kind of girl.  Plain white cotton.  Very boring.

7. DESCRIBE THE LAST TIME YOU WERE INJURED.
I am fortunate that I have had few injuries in my life.  The last was in 2000 when I flew over the handlebars of my bike on a charity ride and dislocated my shoulder.  The shoulder healed fine, but my knee, which I also hurt, has never been the same since.

8. ROCK CONCERT OR SYMPHONY? LAST SEEN?
I can't remember.  Walt subscribes to the San Francisco Symphony.  I stopped going with him because I thought tickets were too expensive for me to sleep through most of the evening and at the time I was working for Dr. G and often had to work late, but I did go to a concert last year some time, but can't remember what it was.

9. IF SOMEONE WERE TO BUY YOU A GIFT, WHAT WOULD YOU LIKE IT TO BE?
3 weeks before Christmas, I'd rather not say.

10. WHAT TYPE OF SHIRT DO YOU BEST IN?
Mostly I wear t-shirts.  Once I learned there was such a size as XXXL, I started buying t-shirts, which I had not worn for years.  I have several elephant t-shirts (some as "small" as XXL).

11. IF YOU COULD USE ONLY ONE FORM OF TRANSPORTATION FOR THE REST OF YOUR LIFE, WHAT WOULD IT BE?
Car.  That seems to be what I travel in most of the time anyway.  I have come to hate the hassle of air travel, I'd love to travel by train again, but that pretty much limits where you can go once you get to your destination.  I don't mind long car rides.  Except at night with lots of traffic.

12. WHAT IS YOUR DEADLY SIN?
Eating

13. MOST RECENT MOVIE YOU'VE WATCHED IN A THEATER? RATE IT.
Sully.  I thought it was excellent.  Tom Hanks as Sully Sullenberger was wonderful and I found that I was moved to tears from the first time they showed the plane landing on the Hudson pretty much to the end of the movie.  I'm not sure why it affected me so strongly.

14. IF YOU COULD INVENT ONE THING, WHAT WOULD IT BE?
That damn transporter Roddenberry promised us, so I could get to Santa Barbara to visit the grandkids faster than the 8 hour drive it takes us now.

15. NAME AN ACTOR/ACTRESS YOU'VE HAD THE HOTS FOR?
When I was a kid I had the hots for weird actors.  I mostly fell for father figures like Claude Rains and the stern uncle James Mason played in The Seventh Veil.  And then, of course, there was Judy Garland, who was not a father figure.

16. WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE CITY? LAST TIME THERE?
I am so lucky that my favorite is the one I was born and raised in -- San Francisco.  I was there last month, giving a tour to fellow blogger Kimberly and her husband.  There is nothing more beautiful than San Francisco on a crystal clear day.

17. WHAT'S THE FIRST WORD THAT COMES TO MIND RIGHT NOW?
Serendipity.  Don't ask me why!

18. WHAT TYPE OF PET DO YOU HAVE?
Two dogs, Lizzie, a large shaggy terrier and Polly, a Chihuahua mix.  They are my "pet" peeves, I recently decided.

19. WHERE HAVE YOU LIVED THE LONGEST?
We have been in this house for 43 years.  Before that the longest I'd lived in one spot was 18 years in San Francisco.

20. WHO WAS THE LAST PERSON THAT SPENT $100 ON YOU?
I'm sure it was Walt.  I can't think of anybody else in a very long time who has spent that much money on me.

21. WHAT'S THE LAST PIECE OF CLOTHING YOU BOUGHT?
I bought a new elephant Christmas sweatshirt (Santa and his ele-deer)

22. WHAT WAS/IS YOUR FAVORITE JOB?
My first big job was as a secretary in the Physics Department at UC Berkeley.  I worked for three different physics professors for 4 years and by the end of that time, I was private secretary to one of the professors, with whom I am still friends.  I loved that job.  I only left it because I was about to have a baby.

23. WHO MAKES YOU LAUGH THE MOST??
The cast of The Big Bang Theory

24. WHAT ARE YOU CRAVING?
Holidays that we used to have when we blended both families, Paul and David were still alive, and my mother knew what day of the year it was.

25. WHAT'S ON YOUR MIND?
Trying to decide how to handle Christmas.  It's going to be awkward because of who is going to be where when, but I'm thinking that if I end up cooking dinner, I might get a prime rib and cook that instead of turkey.  I've never NOT had turkey at Christmas, but the prime rib I saw on the Food Network this morning looked pretty darn good!

No comments: