Sunday, November 15, 2015

Sunday Stealing


Are any of your friendships on a fine line? No
Have you ever witnessed a birth? 5 of my own, nobody else's (except on video)
Where’s your favorite place to be when you feel depressed? At home in front of the TV
Are you currently looking forward to tomorrow? Oh YES!  Lamplighters Gala!
When was the last time you held someone’s hand? Walt's, on the trip, plus all those guys who helped me off buses and onto boats!
Have you ever faked sick? Not often, but yes.  Especially when I was young.
Are you currently wearing jeans? I don't own jeans.
Have you gone to a coffee shop within the past week? We went to a cafe in Venice for cappuccino and gelato.
Would you like to be able to read thoughts? I don't know.  Scary thought.
Do certain swear words just roll off your tongue? Hell, yes.
Are you often the last one to understand a joke?  No.  I'm pretty quick.
Can experience be gained just by reading? Not really.  Nothing like living through it.
Does playing the guitar make a person more attractive?  No.
Have you ever slept in a tent, indoors or out? Sure.  We used to camp all the time (not now, though)
What does your hair look like at the moment? Cut about 1-1/2" and curly
Are you mad right now?  if you mean in the "angry" sense, nope.
Who did you spend your summer with last year? Did not go on a formal vacation, so the same old people.
Did you eat a cookie today?  Not yet, but I'm about to make some for a bake sale.

This is from last week, but I wasn't around to answer it last week.

Is there anyone else in the room with you atm? What are they doing?
I am all alone in the room, except for MSNBC reporting on Paris. 

Do you show your teeth when you smile, or do you prefer smiling with your lips closed?
I don't smile with my lips closed, but my teeth are set back far enough that when I smile, usually my teeth don't show anyway.

Would you rather be told the truth, even if it isn’t what you want to hear?
Yes.  It keeps me from making things up that may be wildly untrue.

What is something that you plan to buy, as soon as you’ve saved up the money for it?
No big plans to purchase anything of that nature in the foreseeable future.

Do you play Sudoku?
No.  My brain doesn't work that way.

Have you ever had a migraine?
A few times, but not in a very long time.

What was the last book you read for pleasure?
Most of the books I read are for pleasure.  The last one was "Not My Father's Son" by Alan Cumming.

What was the last item of clothing you purchased for yourself?
I bought a pair of slacks for the cruise.

Your first serious relationship, do you still talk to him/her?
That was more than 60 years ago.  We dated for 4 years.  He became a Jesuit.  We exchange Christmas cards.  I recently discovered he has been moved to a semi-cloistered location because of allegations of sexual misconduct.

Who is the last person you texted?
My daughter.

How close is your family?
Geographically, too far scattered (Sacramento - Santa Barbara - Boston).  Emotionally, I hope very close.

Is there anything too serious to be joked about?
I joke about a lot of serious things (death, for example) but there are many things too serous to joke about --the terrorist attacks in Paris, for example.

Do you like to understand and have good knowledge of things?
Depends on the "thing," but as a general rule, yes.

What is worse? Back pain or shoulder pain?
I have no shoulder pain, but have back pain, so I'd have to go with back pain.

Have you ever almost fallen off of something high off the ground?
Thankfully, no.  (Unless you consider a bike "high off the ground.")

What’s one fruit you love in drinks?
Orange juice, or pureed strawberries.

What is something simple that you’re afraid of?
Big trucks on the freeway.

Has this weekend been good?
Still recovering from our cruise, but things are leveling off.  Show to review last night, show to review tonight, show to see (not review) on Sunday.  My mother seems to have survived our period of absence.

How much time do you take to get ready in the morning?
Under 5 minutes.

Last movie you watched in theaters and with whom?
Walt and I went to see Mr. Holmes a few months ago.

No comments: