Sunday, October 11, 2015

Sunday Stealing


A: Accent --
American, Californian, San Franciscan (don't want anyone to think I used Valley Girl speak, which people often connect with California accents.)

B: Breakfast --
I eat a full breakfast, but it varies from day to day.  Today I had scrambled egg wrapped in a tortilla, and yogurt.  Yesterday I had a waffle.  The day before cereal and toast.  etc.  Whatever mood strikes me and we have food for.

C: Chore you hate --
All of them?  Mostly cleaning the bathroom (which Walt does), and folding laundry, which I leave until I can't pile things any higher.

D: Dad's name --  Albert

E: Essential everyday item --
Hmmm.  Probably iPad and Kindle.  I can live without my cell phone.

F: Flavor ice cream --
I generally choose something with a vanilla base and either something crunchy or chocolate-y in it.  But sometimes a fresh fruit flavor.

G: Gold or silver --
Kind of a toss up, but I think I prefer gold

H: Hometown --
San Francisco, and proud of it.  I have been fortunate to travel many places in the world, but San Francisco is still my favorite city.

I: Insomnia --
My nightly companion, though lately I seem to be able to get back to sleep better.  I have found a Jane Austen based movie is a great soporific.

J: Job title --
Theater critic

K: Kids --
Yes.  3 living, 2 dead

M: Mother's birthplace --
California

N: Number of significant others --
Do I need more than one?

O: Overnight hospital stays --
Six.  One for tonsils, at age 5, and one for each of my childbirths.

P: Phobia --
Only semi trucks along side me on the freeway.
 
Q: Quick at --
TV remote control

R: Religious affiliation --
Recovering Catholic, no other formal affiliation, though I guess if I had to put one on a hospital form it would still be Catholic.

S: Siblings --
One.  Died 1971.  Murdered by her partner.

T: Time you wake up --
3 a.m., and then, if I'm lucky 7 a.m. or later.

U: Unnatural hair colors --
I have never colored my hair since the 1970s, when I discovered that I was NOT going to be auburn-headed like Maureen O'Hara, but the coloring gave me a metallic purplish red tint.

V: Vegetable you refuse to eat --
Beets!!!!

W: Worst habit --
Overeating

X: X-rays --
A few, not many.  I think last one was for my back pain ("some deterioration" was the diagnosis)

Y: Yummy --
Chocolate, of course.

Z: Zodiac sign --
With a good sense of humor, the Aquarius-born love to share a joke and lighten the atmosphere wherever they go.  What appeals to them a lot are humanitarian activities. They try their best to do whatever is possible to make the world a better place to live in. The Aquarius-born people are intelligent and always look for intellectual stimulation. They are known for their wide-ranging interests. They are so popular because they are loyal to their friends and loved ones. Although they are good listeners, it is very difficult to make the Aquarius-born change their pattern of thinking. 

(They also tend to be disorganized and messy!)

1 comment:

Kwizgiver said...

Oh, semis on the highway are scary! I get so nervous.