Monday, December 2, 2013

Sunday Stealing

What would you totally eat right now?
Just about anything bad for me.  Ice cream would be nice. Fortunately we have none in the house.

Do you always wear a certain piece of jewelry?

I wear a heart that says "Grandma" on the front of it and "A Grandma's love is forever" on the back.  My granddaughters gave it to me for my 70th birthday.

What kind of jeans do you like?

It has been so long since I wore jeans, I don't know anything about them now.  I have not looked, but suspect I would have a difficult time finding a pair in my size...and I'm too embarrassed to go looking.

What's something on your want list?

World peace and a clean house.  As usual, I won't get it this year either.   I've been asking for decades.

Is animal print tacky?

I never thought about it.  Animal print on what?  It doesn't bother me on clothes or things like purses.  Not really good for me but I guess I don't pay enough attention to fashion that I really care.

Give me a good quote that you like.

"Clutter and mess show us that life is being lived...Tidiness makes me think of held breath, of suspended animation... Perfectionism is a mean, frozen form of idealism, while messes are the artist's true friend. What people somehow forgot to mention when we were children was that we need to make messes in order to find out who we are and why we are here."
~Anne Lamott
Do you bite your nails?
That is one bad habit I never developed.  That and smoking.

What kind of smells do you like?

Baking bread, coffee, strawberry, chocolate.

Do you wear perfume or cologne?

Years and years ago I had a friend who was deathly allergic to scent.  All scent.  And I do mean "deathly allergic."  She was pretty much house bound because she never knew when she was going to be with someone wearing perfume or who had washed her hair with a strongly scented perfume.  I used to wear perfume all the time, but when I realized that there are people with such allergies, I stopped wearing scent, in consideration of others who might be adversely affected.

What do you think is overrated
?

Lobster.  I'd rather have Dungeness crab any day.

Next movie you want to see?

Philomena with Judi Dench.  It just got a rave review by a movie critic whom I admire and trust.  Judi Dench has long been a favorite of my mother's...I'm not sure that, with her dementia, she remembers that, but I thought she would enjoy the movie.

Would you change your eye color if you could?

No.  My eyes are hazel, or green with yellow flecks (depending on how you look at me).  I kind of like the uniqueness of it.  My granddaughters both have blue, blue, blue eyes and I love the color of them.

And what are your goals for the remainder of this year?

Make it through the next 30 days without doing anything stupid or detrimental to myself or anyone else.

When is the last time you were at the hospital?

In the hospital for myself, that would be 1972 when I gave birth to my last child.  At the hospital, for visitation would be about a year ago when a friend was in a bad accident (actually that was a convalescent hospital)

Who introduced you to your current significant other?

Neither of us remembers when we first met.  We were both members of the Newman Club at UC Berkeley and we think that the first time we met was on a camping trip to Yosemite...but that was at least 55 years ago and we couldn't remember it 5 years later, so not much chance of remembering it now.

2 comments:

Mary Z said...

I definitely agree with you about lobster. And we are already thinking about the Dungeness crab we're going to have on Christmas Day and always give you credit for giving us the idea.

Bev Sykes said...

I'm jealous. Have a great feast. I am honored to be remembered.