Sunday, November 9, 2008

Another Meme

I have a half-formed rant in me, but I can't make it a full length entry. But you should read this site, which my friend Ron posted a link to today. And then tell me where is the sanctity in straight marriage that we are protecting so valiantly and what's the big deal about gay couples adopting again....?


But I think I'm all ranted out, after long conversations about the passage of Prop 8 with both my friend Olivia in Utah and Ellen. So instead let me do one of those silly memes that take up space and are easier than thinking for myself:

What is your favorite fruit? That would have to be strawberries.

Who is someone you consider as a great role model? A woman named Dair who lives here in Davis and is one of the most giving people I know.

If you were to spend one night anywhere within an hour of your home, where would you choose? My mother's of course, perhaps because I'll be going there Monday for our next Cousins Day..

Name something you do too often. eat

Fill in the blank: I really like rain because it clears the air and, especially if you're in San Francisco, gives the most marelous views.

Name a funny habit you have. I can't write a review without stopping in the middle and getting up to get something to eat. I had to write a review on the night before I had my sigmoidoscopy, when I had to fast, and I almost couldn't do it because I couldn't eat anything.

If you could instantly know how to play a musical instrument, which one would you pick? The piano. I took lessons as a kid, but hated practicing. But I'd love to be able to just sit down and play something.

How long is your hair? Too long to suit me at the moment. I need to get it cut.

longhair.jpg (29023 bytes)

When was the last time you forgave someone, and who was it? The blogger I wrote about last week.

What is your favorite kitchen appliance? Hands down, my Cuisinart. The one extravagance I allowed myself after my father died and I closed his bank account--the rest of the money went to the kids and to a family vacation.

Fill in the blank: The best thing about where I live is that it's big enough, yet still with a small town feel. And at this time of year, the color of the Chinese Pistachio trees is breathtaking.

Create a new name for a deodorant (like "Flower Fresh" or "Shower Scent"). "Puppy Breath"

What was the last piece of software you installed onto your computer? Probably Photo Shop CS3

If you were to receive a superlative award today beginning with the words "Most likely to…", what would the rest of the phrase say? put things off until the very last minute.

What two colors do you like to wear together? black and yellow

What do you consider to be the ultimate snack food? Peanut butter

On a scale of 1 to 10 (with 10 as highest), about how popular is your last name? Since nobody ever knows how to pronounce it (most people say "skies"), I would say 1.

Who is your all_time favorite sitcom character, and why? Dan Fielding on Night Court. He was a really sleazy guy who really was a softie at heart. I have a soft spot in my heart for characters like that. Second would be Dorothy from Golden Girls, who was always my favorite of the four.

Do you shop online? If so, name some sites you like to browse for goodies. Yes, I shop on line, mostly at Amazon.com

Fill in the blank: I think Obama should be president -- so isn't it nice that he was elected?

Name a sound you like to hear. The crashing of ocean waves.

What is your favorite kind of cheese? Swiss, though at the moment I'm rather partial to the nice Boursin that I served at our recent open house.

Do you sleep late on Saturday mornings? Why or why not? No. I have dogs and an internal alarm clock, both of which wake me up.

When was the last time you forgot something? What was it, and how long did it take to remember it? I forgot. I'll let you know when I remember

No comments: