Wednesday, November 30, 2022

So very sad

 We got word today that my cousin Peach's youngest daughter, Karen, died  this morning. She was somewhat older than our kids.  Peach and her husband have been gone for several years.  I see Karen on Facebook from time to time and was shocked to learn of her death. Apparently she was sick at Thanksgiving and went to the ER, thinking she had COVID but they diagnosed acute leukemia and pneumonia, neither of which responded to medication.

Though her mother was my best friend in the family, I didn't see Karen all that much thru her life.  I know she had lots of problems.  I remember making her wedding cake and she and her first husband took one of our foster dogs and loved that dog to bits.

Later tonight I learned of the worsening of a friend who has Parkinsons and is going to have to be moved from where she lives to somewhere closer to a hospital or facility, as her symptoms are only going to get worse.  A lot of decisions for her family, who are scattered throughout the country.

It seems like this year has been filled with people dying and/or being sick--or both  It makes me even more grateful that I am recovering f rom my surgery.

Karen is on the right in this photo.  She looks so much like her mother.  She also has a sister and a brother.



1 comment:

CountryDew said...

I am sorry for your loss.