Wednesday, November 30, 2022

Back in Black

 One of my biggest faults is procrastination...and sometimes procrastination about very serious things.  I don't have a clue why I have such a difficult time doing some things.

When the computer died, all of my banking identification died with it.  I have two bank accounts and I could not log into either of them because I forgot my log in and password.  And for both banks, in order to change anything or speak to a representative you have to have them send you a text with an identification number...only the telephone number on one account is our land line (which can't accept text messages) and on the other one for some reason, god knows why, my old work office number is the number.  Neither web site has any option for speaking with a representative.

When I was in the hospital, I missed a payment on one of my accounts.  It seems to me that the penalty I had to pay was more than the payment due (something like $9 due) so I wanted to be sure I got all of my accounts paid on time.  Every day I sit down at the computer with my two credit cards in front of me and find a zillion other things to do and then decide I need a nap and never get around to calling either bank.

But a payment is due in two days and so I HAD to call the banks today.  Again, I found things to do to distract me but finally I had to call the banks.  I was amazed at how easy it was to get a user name, a password, change my telephone number, and pay all 3 bills upcoming.



1 comment:

CountryDew said...

Sounds a lot easier than my recent adventure with a credit card company. I spent 3 hours working on that! Good for you.