Wednesday, November 9, 2022

FTW 11/9/22

 FTW 11/9/22

I've discovered how to deal with an election day.  We have, like everyone has, been so inundated with media for weeks/months.  There are some particular issues that seem to run videos every half hour or so.  Two I voted no on just because I was so sick of their constant ads.  I would have voted no anyway, but I gleefully checked "no" when time to vote.

Plus, everybody had projections for who is going to win and why and what  that will mean for the history of the country.  And, of course, our former president is on the tv all the time for his favorite candidates (Dr. OZ???)

While they could not do any political projections before the polls closed across the country on voting day, by 4 p.m. Pacific time, the news groups were guessing what was happening, and predicting who was going to win.

I was so sick of it that I kept the TV off all day except for watching some Netflix stuff.  I went to sleep -- or as much as I "go to sleep" these days -- and then woke up at 3 and turned on Morning Joe and the first thing I heard was how wonderful it was that all those projections for weeks had been wrong.  As Joe Scarborough put it, Biden "kicked Trump's ass."

So I got the news ... the right news ... and I didn't have to go through a day of  worrying about what was going to happen to the country in the coming months.  Now if only we can get the five remaining states to declare their winners.



1 comment:

CountryDew said...

I have stayed away from election coverage myself. I can't change the outcome and there is no point in worrying myself sick over it. I'm glad you did the same.