Saturday, November 26, 2022

Sunday Stealing

Welcome to Sunday Stealing. Here we will steal all types of questions from every corner of the blogosphere. Our promise to you is that we will work hard to find the most interesting and intelligent questions. Cheers to all of us thieves! 

Stolen from Swap Bot 
What mythical creature would improve the world most if it existed
It would be fun to see real unicorns. 

 What inanimate object do you wish you could eliminate from existence? 
Are robo calls “inanimate objects” ? 

 What is the weirdest thing you have seen in someone else’s home? My friend has a Star Wars bathroom, with everything (including the toilet seat) having a Star Wars theme, photo, etc. The shelves are filled with Star Wars trivia. Towels have Star Wars design. And R2D2 is the clothes hamper. There is also a larger than life size figure of Han Solo. 

 What would be the absolute worst name you could give your child?
Murgatroid 

 What would be the worst thing for the government to make illegal? 
Abortion, same gender marriage 

 What are some of the nicknames you have for customers or coworkers? 
I can't remember them now.  When I worked for a typing service some 40 years ago, we had nicknames for customers.

 If peanut butter wasn’t called peanut butter, what would it be called? 
Peanut flavored frosting for jam sandwiches.

What movie would be greatly improved if it was made into a musical? 
Oh...how about Twelve Angry Men or Saving Private Ryan

 What would be the worst “buy one get one free” sale of all time? 


 What is the funniest name you have actually heard used in the real world? 
I hope Char will remember the name of the kid our kids went to nursery school with who had a familiar name

What sport would be the funniest to add a mandatory amount of alcohol to? 
I can think of any sport where alcohol would be funny.

 What would be the coolest animal to scale up to the size of a horse?
I've been watching the commercials where the dogs are big enough to be ridden.  Cute commercial.  I'd like to ride a German Shepherd.

What set of items could you buy that would make the cashier the most uncomfortable?
Depends on what store.  A large amount of military weapons wouldn't bother a cashier in a gun store, but probably would in a CVS!

What is something that you just recently realized that you are embarrassed you didn’t realize earlier? 
Well, not recently but I grew up 2 blocks from Greenwich St in San Francisco and I was an adult before I  realized that it was not pronounced GREEN-witch

 What are some fun and interesting alternatives to war that countries could settle their differences with? 
How about cooking contests? Ukraine vs. Russia making a cake with Duff Goldman the judge.  Japan vs. Korea in Chopped, etc.


 

 

 



Post settings Labels No matching suggestions Published on 11/26/22 12:00 PM Permalink Location Options

6 comments:

annie said...

Unicorns! Yes. Great idea. I enjoyed this one.

Roger Owen Green said...

Heavens to Murgatroid!

Plastic Mancunian said...

I quite like the idea of a Star Wars bathroom - I would make it Star Trek though - it is better.

Yes - abortion. I wouldn't be surprised if this government in the UK tried to follow that terrible example.

:o)

Cheers

PM

CountryDew said...

Agree w/ you on abortion and marriage. Let's have the government stay out of people's lives, shall we? And I love the Star Wars themed bathroom! I would do Lord of the Rings, of course. I guess we could make the toilet a hobbit hole...

Lisa said...

Great answer about the cooking contests!!

Mevely317 said...

While in high school I named my first car Murgatroid! Honestly, it was so ugly (red Rambler station wagon), it deserved the moniker.