Tuesday, November 8, 2022

FTW 11/8/22

 FUNNY THE WORLD - 11/8/22

What a wonderful day!  It's raining!  And it's predicted to rain again tomorrow.  After so many weeks/months of no rain, any rain at all is terrific.

So...returning from the hospital was such a relief.  They make it as comfortable as possible, but what with the nurse having to do "something" to you ever 15 minutes and a bed that is not at all comfortable, 9 days in the hospital is a very. long. time.  The back of the bed reclines, but only a bit, not like my recliner which can go to many different positions.  So coming in the front door and seeing the recliner was such a wonderful sight.  I felt better instantly.

Plus, our new dog, Bubba, is a lap dog.  He hates to go outside and will stand in the driveway if you try to take him for a walk.  All he wants is to be in someone's lap, so he and I spent a lot of time together in the first several days.


Ned has taken over caring for me.  I don't know how anybody recovers from something like this without Ned around.  First of all, he has been responsible for meeting with all of the medical people.  He takes intricate notes and asks questions I would not think to ask -- and since I can't remember anything myself, having his notes to refer to is wonderful.

He has also taken over taking care of me physically.  The first two weeks of recovery included lots and lots of diarrhea which came on so fast, there was no time to get to the bathroom.  He has spent a lot of time cleaning me, my clothes, and the floor.

And he does all the cooking.  After the first few days we decided that feeding me 5 small meals rather than 3 regular meals worked better and he has come up with some wonderfully inventive meals.


With Jeri in Boston and Tom helping his wife take care of her father like Ned is taking care of me,  I am so fortunate  that Ned is available and I am so grateful to him for all the work that he is doing.

Today is election day and I'm keeping the TV off all day.  I am so terribly afraid of what the results are going to be.

No comments: