Friday, November 25, 2022

Saturday 9

 FTW - 11/26/22 - Saturday 9

Saturday 9: Two Black Cadillacs (2011)

Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.

1) This week's song is about two women who share a very dark secret. Are you good at keeping secrets?
Pretty good.

2) Carrie Underwood's favorite author is Stephen King. In fact, she credits King's Christine as an inspiration for this song. Have you read much Stephen King, or seen movies based on his books?
I’m not a huge King fan, though I’ve read a couple of books and seen a movie or two.

3) Carrie first came to America's attention when she won on American Idol. Prior to competing on that show, she'd never been on an airplane. Crazy Sam takes at least one round-trip flight every year and pays using the miles she accumulated from credit card purchases throughout the year. Do you try to earn miles, points, or cash back when you make purchases?
I don’t really think about it. I don’t buy that much.

4) Black is this week's signature color because November 25 was Black Friday, when retailers historically have slashed their prices and the holiday shopping season begins. Have you begun your gift shopping?
I shop for gifts all year long.  I have most of my gifts either stored away or having been ordered and waiting for delivery.

5) Black Friday began as a local event initiated by store owners in Philadelphia back in the early 1960s. When you think of Philadelphia, what comes to mind?
I remember how I felt seeing the liberty bell in person.

6) Black Friday always comes after Thanksgiving, a day of feasting. What was the best dish at your holiday table this year? 
The pumpkin pie, of course.

7) Thanksgiving is also a big day for watching football. Did you watch any games?
No.

8) What are you thankful for this year?
All that everybody has done to help me recover from my surgery!

9) Random question: You're in a public restroom and have a choice between paper towels and a hot air hand dryer. Which do you choose?
It depends on the bathroom. Some have great hand dryers and rotten paper towels, some of wonderful paper towels and ineffective air dryers.





4 comments:

Cathy said...

The liberty bell for me too. Have a good day n

The Gal Herself said...

I don't think I've ever been to this blog before. (As opposed to Funny the World.) Most of my gifts were purchased on time, too.

Lori said...

Good point on #9! Those hand dryers that blow out just a little air...I do not know the purpose of those. Loved your answers! Have a nice weekend.

https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

CountryDew said...

I'm glad you had a good recovery team. It helps to be supported. Take care of yourself!