Tuesday, November 29, 2022

Holiday Time

 It must be because of the holiday season.  Or maybe spending so much time by myself.  But I've been off and on morose this week, thinking of all the people who won't be here for Christmas, and mostly all the people we have lost over the years, kids, friends, parents, dogs.  I remember how the month of December was so busy and jolly when I was growing up, getting ready for a house full of guests and this year on Christmas it will be just the four of us, like Thanksgiving.  Can't even fill the house with the smell of Christmas cookies because of my diet.  Jeri and Phil will facetime from Oregon and Tom et al. will be here a couple of days later, but I miss waking up in the morning to the sounds of excited kids checking to see what Santa brought.  I suspect this is an affliction of people as they get older.

Last night was wonderful.  I slept nearly all night.  A couple of hours on the couch in the living room and then snuggled up with two blankets, a neck pillow, and my cell phone with podcasts to listen to.  I don't know how many Jon Stewart shows I slept through, but it was nearly 6:30 when I woke up and that was marvelous.

Bubba snuggled down with me until I  went into the living room.  His favorite people have become Marta and Walt (I love how he looks at Walt) but if he can't find a favorite lap, he chooses mine and last night he just melted into my arm and slept for a long time. He's such a sweet dog.  We were so lucky to find him!



No comments: