Friday, November 18, 2022

Saturday 9, 11/18

FTW: 11/18/22 - Saturday 9


Welcome to Saturday: 9. What we've committed to our readers is that we will post 9 questions every Saturday. Sometimes the post will have a theme, and at other times the questions will be totally unrelated. Those weeks we do "random questions," so-to-speak. We encourage you to visit other participants posts and leave a comment. Because we don't have any rules, it is your choice. We hate rules. We love memes, however, and here is today's meme!


Saturday 9: Sunshine, Lollipops and Rainbows (1965)

Unfamiliar with this week's song? Hear it here.

1. In this song, Lesley Gore sings that sunshine is wonderful. It's hard to argue with that. Is it sunny where you are today?
Sunny, but chilly (in the 40s in the morning)

2. Tootsie Roll is the world's #1 manufacturer of lollipops, and cherry is their most popular flavor. Do you have a sweet tooth? If yes, what's your favorite sweet treat?
I have a very sweet tooth, with chocolate anything being my favorite.

3. According to myth, you'll find a leprechaun's pot of gold at the end of a rainbow. If you suddenly, unexpectedly came into $100,000, what is the first thing you would buy?
New curtains for our living room -- the ones we have are 50 years old.

4. She feels brighter than a lucky penny. Abraham Lincoln was the first person to appear on a U.S. coin, when the 1909 penny was struck in honor of his 100th birthday. Thomas Jefferson is on the nickel, George Washington is on the quarter, and John F. Kennedy is on the half dollar. Without looking, do you know which President is on the dime?
I haven't checked this, but I believe it's Eisenhower.  I think I remember being in grammar school when there was a big deal about Eisenhower being chosen to be on the new dime

5. Lesley Gore was very popular in the 1960s, with 11 Top Ten hits. Most people don't know that, while she was making records, she was also attending Sarah Lawrence College and graduated with her BA in 1968. What's something most Saturday 9ers would be surprised to know about you?
I worked for five years as a cake decorator
 

6. She performed "Sunshine, Lollipops and Rainbows" in the movie Ski Party. Do you plan to ski this season?
I have never skied.  If I did now, I'd probably kill myself.

7. This song was written by Marvin Hamlisch, who would go on to win three Oscars, four Grammys, three Emmys, a Tony, and a Pulitzer Prize. That's quite an impressive list! But we believe our Sat 9-ers are impressive, too. So give yourself an award this morning. (For example, Crazy Sam is now Meme Mistress of the Year.)
Recovering Bev made her own breakfast this morning.

8. In 1965, when this song was on the charts, I Dream of Jeannie premiered. This supernatural sitcom, about an astronaut who finds a genie on a beach, competed for viewers with Bewitched, which was about an advertising executive who marries a witch. Do you prefer Bewitched or I Dream of Jeannie?
I enjoyed them both, but I preferred Bewitched.

9. Random question -- Which would you rather have, tacos or pizza?
Oh definitely taco!



7 comments:

Susan said...

Tacos for me too! I have never skied either. I wanted to, but I had too many work injuries that messed up my back and shoulder. I hope you feel better!

Lori said...

I am glad you are starting to feel better. Making your own breakfast is a good step.
I love tacos! Loved your answers!
Have a nice weekend.

https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

Kim said...

Cake decorating... this is a skill I wish I had. I can bake but decorating? Not so much!

CountryDew said...

I am glad you felt well enough to make your own breakfast. I hope you are continuing to heal.

Twindaddy said...

$100,000 on curtains? I didn't know they could cost so much.

Bev Sykes said...

I didn't say they would cost that much but off the top of my head, if I had a chunk of money and I've wanted new curtains for years, that would be the firsts thing I'd buy.

zippiknits...sometimes said...

Yay! Tacos for the win! And I'll bet you liked to decorate the cakes.
May you continue to get better with NO setbacks.