Saturday, November 12, 2022

Google

  FTW 11/12/22 - Google

Remember the days before Google?  First there was no easy way to find another web site about a certain subject, and then there were several, each exploring one particular type of web site.  Sometimes you had to search all three (or more) browsers to find what you were looking for.

And then Google came along.  You could search everything from ants to zebras, from the simplest topic to the most complex and what a great invention that was.  You wanted to look for a specific subject, typed in the name and it brought up a few pages you could try.

Now there are hundreds of pages about hundreds of subjects and when you type in a subject, it brings up a long list of pages.  Pick a page that seems to be what you want and click on it and it brings up another long list of pages.  And on...and on..and on.  You might never find the page you are looking for and many of the lists double back to pages you've already seen.

When the nurse was here last week and asked what my blood sugar reading was, I told her it had been 62.  For someone who has had sugars in the 200s I was pleased that the new readings are so low....but she told me this was low blood sugar and gave us some suggestions for how to raise it.  I had a vague feeling that when I was first diagnosed with diabetes 2 the doctor said my blood sugar should be between two different numbers.  I had the idea that it was between 90 and 120 but I can't get into my file cabinet where all those pages are stored, so I couldn't check what she had written to me.

I tried to get the answer through Google and, I kid you not, I spent half an hour going from page to page just trying to find a site that would give me the ideal numbers and never found it. I am assuming it is between 90 and 120 but the only thing Google will give me is the symptoms of low blood sugar, but it won't say what "low" blood sugar is,

But we changed some of my diet yesterday and the number is higher today -- close to 90, but not quite there.  Better than 62 anyway.

I kind of almost wish I had three different browsers to check again...it might make it easier  to actually find what I'm looking for.


4 comments:

Marna said...

Hi - as a fellow diabetic, your sugars should ideally between 75 and 100 fasting - under 180post meal (1-2 hours). Ideally not over 140 post meal.

Anonymous said...

I have low sugers often consider asking about a glocogon pen. It's similar to an epipen but for low sugars. The high are bad, the lows can kill.

Anonymous said...

THANK YOU!!!!

cd0103 said...

Man. I never have that problem with Google