Friday, February 10, 2023

Saturday 9

 

Welcome to Saturday: 9. What we've committed to our readers is that we will post 9 questions every Saturday. Sometimes the post will have a theme, and at other times the questions will be totally unrelated. Those weeks we do "random questions," so-to-speak. We encourage you to visit other participants posts and leave a comment. Because we don't have any rules, it is your choice. We hate rules. We love memes, however, and here is today's meme!

Saturday 9: My Funny Valentine (1953)

Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.

1) In this song, Frank sings that his lover is his favorite work of art. Tell us about a piece of artwork you can see from where you're sitting now. (Yes, that crayon drawing by your 5-year-old nephew counts.)

This is a painting by my grandmother, who was a bit of an artist.  Several in my mother's family were artistic (one aunt was professional), but that talent didn't show in my mother, or in me (though my kids are all artistic)

2) He asks her to not change her hair. When will you next find yourself in the stylist's chair?
I haven't been to a stylist's chair in a long time.  I am lucky that my daughter in law is able to cut my hair.

3) Sinatra is often photographed in hats because he began losing his hair while in his 30s. He wore "a rug" for TV, concert and film appearances but really didn't like it, considering the toupee merely part of his work attire. What do you wear when you wish to appear professional?
I can't remember the last  time I had to appear "professional."  Maybe 2003, when I was working in a doctor's office.  I just wore slacks and a nice top of some sort.

4) Sinatra is best known for his singing and won an Oscar for his acting. But not many people know he liked to paint until he widow sold his paintings at auction. Do you have a secret talent?
I'd say cake decorating, since I've done so much of it, but my hands don't let me decorate any more.
 
5) As a kid, he was a paperboy in his hometown of Hoboken, NJ.  Tell us about one of your early jobs.
My first "real" job was washing test tubes in a medical laboratory and helping to hold frightened patients down when their blood was being collected.
  
This is the last Saturday  9 before Valentine's Day and so this morning we shall focus on the upcoming holiday. 

6) The holiday is also known as The Feast of St. Valentine. Do you have a special meal planned for Tuesday?
Nope.  My son will be cooking anyway.

7) The phrase "wear your heart on your sleeve" began in medieval times. On Valentine's Day, men would celebrate the holiday by displaying their lady love's name on their sleeves. If you were going to adopt this custom, whose name would you wear?


8) Women buy and send more Valentines than men do. Who received the last greeting card you sent?
I sent an actual card in the mail to a pen pal for her birthday.
  
9) Sweethearts, those candy hearts with sayings like "BE MINE" stamped on them, began as throat lozenges. Are you fan of these little candies?
Never liked them.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

What happened to your blog?

Anonymous said...

I miss it.

Bev Sykes said...

this is the new blog! My software would not work on my new computer and I forgot how I uploaded the ages. In the meantime, I was getting used to Blogspot and so I've made funnytheworldcom.blogspot my new blog. I hope you continue to read!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for your answer.I used to read it there too some years ego but did not find it now. Will try again. I am from Israel.long time reader.

Anonymous said...

Can you please write a link here. Could not find it. Thank you.

Lisa said...

I could not find your blog with that link! I miss your blog! Glad you're okay!

Diane Dahli said...

I loved Sinatra's voice, but not sure how I felt about his persona. Wow, that was a long time ago! I enjoyed this post, Bev, and will be back for more! My email has been changed to fordiane@shaw.ca. Sorry, I don't know how to change it in the frame provided. Rake care, and keep posting!