Sunday, September 23, 2018

Sunday Stealing

1 When was the last time you tried something new?
My son made "crack chicken" for us this week. It was delicious.


2 Who do you sometimes compare yourself to?
These days, with all of my memory lapses, my mother and her dementia.


3 What’s the most sensible thing you’ve ever heard someone say?
"never go to the foot when the head can be had."  It was something my godfatheralwas said, which means don't go to an underline for help when the big guy is there.


4 What gets you excited about life?
Nature.  Happy kids.  My mother's rare good day.  Having my kids visit.


5 What life lesson did you learn the hard way?
Nothing lasts forever.


6 What do you wish you spent more time doing five years ago?
I think I'm pretty much doing today what I did five years ago, so nothing


7 Do you ask enough questions or do you settle for what you know?
Depends on the subject.  I am very inquisitive about some things, could care less about others.


8 Who do you love and what are you doing about it?
My family...and trying to make quality time when I am with them.


9 What’s a belief that you hold with which many people disagree?
Trump is a very bad president (fortunately most of the people I know personally agree with me)


10 What can you do today that you were not capable of a year ago?
Absolutely nothing.  With this weakness that has taken hold of me, I can't do an awful lot of what I could do a year ago.


11 Do you think crying is a sign of weakness or strength?
Neither.  I think it's a sign of being moved emotionally by something.


12 What would you do differently if you knew nobody would judge you?

13 Do you celebrate the things you do have?
Celebrate?  How oddI can't imagine celebrating "things"


14 What is the difference between living and existing?
I am living; my mother is existing, though she is not ready to leave this life.


15 If not now, then when?
When the time is right, I guess.


16 Have you done anything lately worth remembering?
Good lord...this whole month, with its many, many trips to Kaiser for me or for Walt is memorable.  Whether it's worth remembering is another story.


17 What does your joy look like today?
A new book and time to read it.


18 Is it possible to lie without saying a word?
Sure!  Just watch anything from Washington these days and see the liars at their best.


19 If you had a friend who spoke to you in the same way that you sometimes speak to yourself, how long would you allow this person to be your friend?
I dunno.  I'm pretty lenient with myself.


20 Which activities make you lose track of time?
Writing Funny the World, watching TV, making Swap Bot Journals.


21 If you had to teach something, what would you teach?
The history of the first 35 years of The Lamplighters Theatre Company


22 What would you regret not fully doing, being or having in your life?
This kind of like a bucket list question and I have often thought about what I would want in my bucket list at this stage of my life and realize that I never had high expectations, but have achieved most of  the things I wanted to do, except for a couple of trips that I am now not physically able to make.


23 Are you holding onto something that you need to let go of?
Oh heck...I hold on to everything.


24 When you are 80-years-old, what will matter to you the most?
That's 4-1/2 years from now.
My kids and grandkids will matter the most (I am assuming my mother is not going to live to 105)


25 When is it time to stop calculating risk and rewards and just do what you know is right?
When you know that it's right, I guess!

No comments: