Monday, December 7, 2015

Sunday Stealing

Why Do You Want To Know That Meme

Stolen from: Love me some surveys


1. List 5 things you want to do before the year ends.
* Get new glasses
* Get things settled with my mother and Assisted Living
* Talk her long term care insurance company into paying for it
* Have a good Christmas day with Tom and his family
* Finish reading "Americanah," which it seems like I've been reading forever

2. What color are your pants?
It is rare when I am not wearing black pants.  Today I am wearing black pants.

3. Favorite motivational quote.
"You will lose someone you can’t live without, and your heart will be badly broken, and the bad news is that you never completely get over the loss of your beloved. But this is also the good news. They live forever in your broken heart that doesn’t seal back up. And you come through. It’s like having a broken leg that never heals perfectly—that still hurts when the weather gets cold, but you learn to dance with the limp." -- Anne Lamott

4. When was the last time you drank coffee?
I am drinking coffee now.

5. What was the last thing you ate?
A Boursin cheese omelet

6. Favorite animal.
Wild:  Elephant; Domestic: Dog

7. Favorite song.
Oh so many.  I love Leonard Cohen's "Halleluja"

8. Last movie you watched?
In the theater: Mr. Holmes; at home: Unbroken

9. Any turn ons?
Crashing ocean waves

10. Any turn offs?
Listened to any Republican politicians lately?

11. List 4 big words off of the top of your head.
*antidisestablishmentarianism
*triskadekaphobia
* sphygmomanometer
* anthropomorphism

12. What are some meaningful movies?
* To Kill a Mockingbird
* Dead Poet's Society
* A Thousand Clowns
* Dave
* Gorillas in the Mist

13. 2 most important people in your life right now?
Walt and my ophthalmologist!

14. What are 3 things you want for Christmas?
* World Peace
* A Clean House
* Donald Trump's withdrawal from the race
(gift wrapping optional for all three)

15. When was the last time you read a good book?
The last three I read were excellent:  Darkest Fear by Harlan Coben, Not My Father's Son by Alan Cumming, and The Paying Guests by Sarah Waters

16. What was the last thing you studied?
Directions for making the recipe I made last night.

17. Do you have any nicknames?
Just Mom and Grandma

18. Favorite kind of perfume? (fruity, alluring, etc.)
I haven't worn perfume in years, but my favorites tend to be more floral than earthy.

19. Do you have any international friends / friends who live out of state?
Too many to list.  We have hosted foreign students often and have friends all over the world, plus many, many friends who don't live in California.

20. What is something unique that you do every single day?
Wear socks with Birkenstocks

21. If there was a movie based on your life, what would it be called?
Funny the World

22. When was the last time you bought a gift for someone?
I recently ordered my husband's Christmas present--and no, I won't say what it is.

23. Are you a shopaholic?
Definitely not, well, except for books.

24. What are some songs that always make you feel better?
A lot of songs by John Denver, a lot of songs by Judy Garland, songs from many musicals, like The Music Man, Les Mis, and Mama Mia (I am embarrassed to admit the last one!), Gilbert & Sullivan operettas, and a host of oddball singles I have loved over the years.

No comments: