Sunday, July 12, 2015

Sunday Stealing


1. Would you like to be famous? In what way?
I'm not really into the "fame" thing, but I wouldn't complain about being a famous writer.  (Of course, I'd have to write something first!)

2. Before making a telephone call, do you ever rehearse what you are going to say? Why?
No.  Not even if I'm doing a telephone interview.  I am always better extemporaneously.

3. What would constitute a “perfect” day for you?
Moderate weather, nothing pressing to do--reading without guilt, an NCIS marathon, and no show to review at night.

4. When did you last sing to yourself? To someone else?
I used to have a singing voice, but in my old age, I don't--somehow don't have more than a 3-5 note range, so I don't sing any more, not even with the radio in the car all alone.  Sad.

5. If you were able to live to the age of 90 and retain either the mind or body of a 30-year-old for the last 60 years of your life, which would you want?
Well, first of all, seeing first hand what it's like to live to 90+, not sure that would be my choice but if I had to live to 90 I would definitely want to keep my mind!

6. Do you have a secret hunch about how you will die?
I have always felt a semi truck will tip over on the freeway and crush me.

7. For what in your life do you feel most grateful?
On our anniversary,  I looked down the table at my children and grandchildren, my mother and my in-laws and realized that I was so incredibly blessed to have a loving family who are all best friends to each other and who are so good to Walt and me.


8. If you could change anything about the way you were raised, what would it be?
It would have been nice to have been raised by a non-rageaholic father.

9. If you could wake up tomorrow having gained any one quality or ability, what would it be?
It would be nice to wake up the right weight for my height!

10. If a crystal ball could tell you the truth about yourself, your life, the future or anything else, what would you want to know?
I'm not sure I'd want to know anything about my future.  I would prefer to have things come as they will.  I have a couple of things I might want to know about things in the past, though.  Maybe.

11. What does friendship mean to you?
Laughing together, crying together, staying together.

12. What roles do love and affection play in your life?
I am lucky to have both in my life.

13. When did you last laugh?
We always laugh a lot when the family gets together, so last week end in Santa Barbara was a nice laugh fest, especially watching Brianna and Lacie playing with Uncle Ned.
.


14. Are you a morning person or a night owl?
Yes.  Usually go to sleep around 1 and wake up around 6:30

15. Seen anything weird lately?
I can't think of anything offhand.

1 comment:

Kwizgiver said...

I love how you describe your family.