Sunday, April 12, 2015

Sunday Stealing

The Sizzle Says Meme

Stolen from: Ms. Sizzle

1. If money were no object, what would you be doing with your life?
I might travel more, but I would travel first class every time. (We get a lot of first class treatment on our cruises, but I've never traveled with leg room on an airplane!)

2. Money is just that - an object, so why aren’t you doing it?
The fear of bankruptcy!!!  Money is an object we don't have a surplus of

3. What’s better: horses or cows?
Well, cows contribute more to life (milk, cheese, meat), but I do have a soft spot in my heart for horses, even though I will never ride one again.  

4. What do you think the secret to happiness is?
Being content with what you have; don't beat yourself up for what you want to have or can't have. Be grateful for the good stuff; forget the bad stuff.

5. When was the last time you had a dream that you either remember well or did not want to awake from? Can you share a bit?
It was 2 nights ago so most of the details are gone now, but it was like I was living in an alternate universe.  Wherever I was in my dream was so real that when I woke up, it took a minute to realize that I was not still living my dream.  I've never had a dream quite so vivid.

6. When you were a little kid, what did you want to be when you grew up?
A nun, a nurse, a census taker (really!) and a mother.  Fortunately, I got to be a mother.

7. Complete this statement: Love is…
Love is a song that never ends
Life may be swift and fleeting
Hope may die yet love's beautiful music
Comes each day like the dawn

8. Can you tell a good story?
I am a terrible story teller.  I get tongue tied, and forget where I am, if I even dare to start a story to begin with.  I wish I could make up wonderful, fanciful stories for my granddaughters, but so far, that hasn't been my strong point!

9. Can you remember your last daydream? What was it about?
I don't bother much with daydreams any more, unless they are about being taken out to dinner and not having to cook.

10. If you were to thank someone today, who would you thank?
My sophomore English teacher, Sister Mary William, who made me believe I could write, and, as always, my typing teacher (and lifelong friend) Sister Anne, who taught me how to type and much, much more.  (Sadly both women are dead now, but at least I did get a chance to let me know how grateful I was to Sister Anne)

11. If you could be anyone's mojo, whose would you want to be, and why?
          
(For those you do not know what mojo is, it's personal magnetism; charm.)
Trust me, nobody wants me for their mojo, if you're talking about personal magnetism or charm.  Maybe for someone like Dick Cheney to perhaps give him a taste of what it's like to be a human being.

No comments: