Sunday, March 15, 2015

Sunday Stealing

The One Thing Meme

One Thing .....

that makes you smile:
The dogs always make me smile, especially their routines, like the path they have decided comes to the house from outside, the way Polly calls the other two when she knows I'm going to feed them, etc.

that makes you cry:
Oh lord, what doesn't make me cry!  Touching movies or TV shows (not necessarily sad), Hallmark card commercials, Budweiser dog commercials, and thinking about all the people I have lost.

that you love to do on the weekends:
Watch cooking shows (Bobby Flay -- though we don't barbeque; Pioneer Woman, Tricia Yearwood, etc.)

that you do for only yourself:
Work at the book store on Thursdays.

that you have in your underwear drawer that's NOT underwear:
I just checked and...actually nothing (unless socks aren't considered underwear, then socks)

that you do before going to sleep:
lift up the edge of the blanket so that Polly can crawl under and curl up at my waist.

that you do within the first 15 minutes after waking:
Try to be very quiet so the dogs don't know I'm awake...check e-mail, etc. on my iPad. Once the dogs know I'm awake, I can't do anything until they are fed.

that's in your purse:
A cloth fan (it gets warm in theaters sometimes!)

that you actually LIKE to clean:
My glasses.

that you DETEST cleaning:
The toilet

that other people would find odd about you:
That I spend half of my night on the couch and the other half in the recliner.

that you would buy if I handed you a $100 bill:
Dinner at a fancy restaurant. ($100 probably wouldn't cover it!)

that you feel you HAVE to do before you die:
The things that I once felt I had to do, I've either done, or decided they don't need doing.  As long as my loved ones know they are loved, and my mother is either buried or otherwise taken care of, I'm OK if my life were to end tomorrow.

1 comment:

Kwizgiver said...

I'm the same with what makes me cry.