Sunday, November 30, 2014

Saturday at Home

Today was actually warm today.  Well, relatively speaking.  It got all the way up to 39, which would have me turning on the heat at home, but I was standing outside enjoying the "warm" weather.

When I woke up and saw that Peach had put on her family reunion shirt, I surprised her because I had brought my shirt too.


For breakfast I had my last Iowa biscuits and gravy, something new I have come to enjoy. (But my friend Jessica tells me she's from Iowa and can keep me happy.)


We didn't do much this morning, except 3 loads of laundry.

Lunch was good and Peach was feeling so good she decided to go play cards with some friends, the first time she has felt good enough for games.  I came back to the apartment with Bob and finished the laundry and putting away the clean clothes.  I was going to meet Peach for cards, but Bob was confused about what time the upcoming afternoon's entertainment was, so I stayed with him and went to see Kirk Eastman give a concert, called "Dancing through the Decades," music mostly of the 50s.  DooWop music.


He played recorded songs on a karaoke machine, with backup accompaniment and singers, and accompanied himself on the guitar...or sometimes not.

One couple danced


and the audience watched.


Bob was exhausted when the concert was over, so sat in his walker and I pushed him back to the apartment.  When we got here, we discovered that the family of Bert, the lady who lives next door and who has terminal cancer (they hoped she would live till Thanksgiving, which she has done) were decorating the tree right outside her window.


Then my mother called to tell me she wasn't feeling well and didn't want to go to Thanksgiving dinner, so please don't come and pick her up.

So there is that to return to next week.  Sigh.

No comments: