Sunday, March 30, 2014

Sunday Stealling

1. When you buy a greeting card are the words or the picture more important to you?
Oh, the words, definitely.  I'm always looking for the perfect snarky sentiment!

2. What's your favorite kind of cake?
I'm not a big cake eater, but my favorite used to be a chocolate cream roll, which my mother used to make for our birthdays.  A chocolate sponge cake rolled up with thick real whipped cream and topped with a bittersweet chocolate frosting. I haven't had it since I was a child.

3. Do you ever make gifts for people, if so what, or do you buy them?
Since I am of the "glue macaroni on a card" level of craftsperson, I buy gifts. More often than not books, since I am such a big book lover. 

4. You are chosen to have lunch with the President. The condition is you only get to ask one question. What do you ask?
Good question.  I remember when my friend (who ultimately went through many different elected offices up to state Representative from our district) won her first elected office. She had anticipated being able to do so many things holding that office and when she actually got into office, she discovered how much her hands were tied by so many things she knew nothing about when running for office. Obama made so many promises when he first ran and I'd be curious to find out how much he discovered that his promises were not possible to be met because of constraints of the office, in addition to the Republicans' vow not to let any of his policies be put into practice.

5. Which do you dislike most: pop-up ads or spam email?
My computer blocks most pop-up ads, so I'll say spam e-mail.  (If I contributed $3 every time someone tells me I could save the world with my donation, I'd have spent at least $1 million by now!)

fifty.jpg (82865 bytes)6. What was the best party you've ever been to?
Hands down, one that the kids and I threw--Walt's 50th birthday party, a surprise roast with people from all aspects of his life, even his childhood in Hawaii, as he sat on the stage of the local theater, on a gigantic chair from the set of The Nutcracker, dressed in a peer's robes and crown from the Davis Comic Opera Company's Iolanthe.   That party was more than 20 years ago and people still talk about that party today.

7. Which is worse, being in a place that is too loud, or too quiet?
TOO LOUD!!!! (can you hear me yelling?)  It's why I don't like New York City--too busy and too loud.

8. You are offered an envelope that you know contains $50. You are then told that you may either keep it or exchange it for another envelope that may contain $500 or may be empty. Do you keep the first envelope, or do you take your chances with the second?
With my luck it's a certainty that the second envelope will be empty. I'll take the bird in the hand.

9. Do you wish cellphone etiquette was a required class upon purchasing one?
It would be nice, but who would pay attention? The people who don't need the class!

10. What's the most messed up food combination that you've had that was actually good?
Maybe banana meat loaf, which is actually quite good,

11. What's one of your most random pet peeves (something that annoys you)?
Parents who let their kids run around restaurants disturbing other diners (we didn't let our 5 kids do it, why should they?)

12. When is the last time you had home cooking?
Last night. And the night before and the night before ad nauseam.  I am the home cook.

13. If you could be a fictional character from a book who would you choose?
Claire Randall from the Diana Gabaldon's Outlander series.

14. If you could be in a television sit-com, which would you choose?
The Big Bang Theory, but I couldn't be a cool nerdy character; I'd have to be someone's mother.

15. If you could be any animal or creature for one day, what would it be?
An elephant. I'd love to be a member of an elephant society. And because an elehant never forgets, I could make lifelong friends before returning to my human form.

16. What's your favorite girl's name?
I wanted Jeri's name to be Laurie Pauline, but Walt didn't like it.  I like Jeri's name (Jerilyn Anne), but I really would like to have had a Laurie Pauline.

17. What's your favorite boy's name?
Probaby David (so why did it take us four children before we named a boy that???)

18. What's your supermarket of choice?
Nugget Market.  It's a chain, but I suspect only a local chain.

19. If you were to attend a costume party tonight, what or whom would you go as?
An old retired lady.  I have the costume for that.

20. What is your concession stand must-have at the movies?
Surprisingly, I have found that I can make it two hours without having to eat.   I never get anything at the concession stand. Too, too expensive!

No comments: