Sunday, May 5, 2013

Sunday Stealing

26.) If you had to order from a kid's menu, what would you get?
It's been too long since I've seen a kid's menu, but I imagine hamburgers and fries.

27.) Do you speak any other languages?

I was a French major in college and still speak a smattering of French (though I read it better than I speak it).  I also learned to speak a smattering of Portuguese by osmosis, through all those Brasilians who lived here.  At one time I could carry on a simple conversation in Portuguese, but no more.

28.) Do you use Twitter?

Occasionally.  Mostly during events, like the Oscars or Emmys.  I have very few followers and the accounts I follow are mostly famous people and organizations whose tweets I enjoy, but with whom you can't really have a conversation. Twitter overwhelms me!

29.) Do you go onto YouTube?

Sure. I don't go YouTube surfing but follow Ned's Videos, Steve's videos and YouTube tells me I have uploaded 1100 of my own videos.   And of course there are all those silly animal videos linked on Facebook.

30.) Do you play Angry Birds?

I have, but am terrible at it.  I suspect Bri does better than I do.   It frustrates me so I don't play much.

31.) Do you like theme parties?

Not any more.  When the kids were little, I gave theme parties.  I liked our Star Trek party, where the kids played "Pin the Ears on Spock" and ate tribble cupcakes.

32.) Do you like current cartoons?

No.  I don't read cartoons any more. 

33.) Have you ever cried because you were so happy?

Of course.  I cry at everything, happy and sad...even Hallmark commercials.

34.) Who would you like to see in concert?

The band Lawsuit.  Sigh.  But that's not going to happen again.

35.) Can you swim well?

I used to swim well, but hadn't been in a pool in years.  I went swimming in the hotel pool in Italy and was surprised at how much my body had forgotten.  I could still swim, of course, but definitely would have difficulty swimming a long distance.

36.) Ever won a contest?

I won 5th prize in an essay contest about the Merchant Marines when I was a sophomore in high school.  My prize was a one way cruise from San Francisco to Los Angeles (essentially overnight).  We visited the newly opened Disneyland and flew home--my first time on an airplane.

37.) Ever won a giveaway?

Possibly.  It apparently made no impact on me because I can't remember.

38.) Do you get a full 8 hours of sleep every night?

I can't remember the last time I had 8 hours of sleep.  7 would be an unusual night.  6 is more likely.

39.) What tea do you like?

Not a big tea drinker, but I had a real good Earl Gray at a tea shop once so whenever I order tea now I get Earl Gray.

40.) What mixed drink do you like?

I'm most likely to order gin and tonic.  I used to love mai tais and other rum drinks, but haven't ordered one at a bar in years.

41.) Do you shop at Walmart?

Never.

42.) Do you shop at Target?

Sometimes.  I'm not a big shopper.

43.) What do you order at your local coffee shop?

I don't usually go to have coffee at a coffee shop.  If I go it's to Peet's it's to order French Roast beans to bring home and brew.

44.) Do you drink bottled or tap water?

Davis has notoriously bad tasting water.  I tried for 6 years to adjust to it, but finally gave up and switched to bottled water.  I don't drink bottled water for any of the promised magical properties--I just drink it because it tastes better...and I drink a LOT of it!

45.) Do you like homemade meals?

Sure.  I make one every night.  Strange question.

46.) Do you like homemade baked goods?

Yes.  Store bought rarely tastes as good as they look.  I don't bake as often as I used to, but enjoy baking.

47.) Do you shop online?

Definitely.  I am responsible for the support of Amazon.com

48.) Name 3 stores online stores you would like to shop at:

- Amazon
- Joy of Socks
- Groupon

49.) What holiday don't you like?

Halloween.  It was always a problematic for me when the kids were little.   I didn't have the talent to make costumes and was embarrassed that the kids had to dress in cheap store bought costumes.  I also had difficulty deciding how much candy they could eat and when they could eat it.  The worst part was when they got old enough to realize that I had stolen one of their Snickers bars!

50.) What do you eat more when you're sick?

Oranges, orange juice.  I eat a lot of oranges and drink a lot of orange juice anyway,but I usually do more when I'm sick.

2 comments:

Kwizgiver said...

I'd never heard of Joy of Socks! What a fun site!

Mary Z said...

The striped socks look like the ones I knit. Want a pair? Email me your shoe size or length of sock from toe point to heel, and how long you like the cuff part, and preferred color family.