Whether people, places or inanimate objects, this is a list of things that make me thankful I am living this life. I've done this, in one form or another at this time in previous years, but it's always nice to think about the things in your life for which you are thankful--and to compare one year's list with another's, noting not only the similarities, but also the differences.
The things for which I am grateful this year are, in no particular order...
1. My family. I am so thankful that our kids get along, that they love each other and love spending time with each other. I am thankful for two wonderful daughters-in-law and an awesome son-in-law.
2. And I am particularly thankful for our grandchildren, Lester, Bouncer, and Brianna.
3. I am thankful for a husband who makes me laugh, who carries more than his share of the load (especially with the dogs), who keeps the kitchen clean and still loves me anyway, and who revels in any chance he gets to spend time with the kids.
3. I am thankful that I still have my mother in my life and that she is, for all intents and purposes, still pretty healthy, a few glitches to the contrary. She remains my best friend and I value the time I spend with her.
4. I am thankful for my two cousins who make Cousins Day an event to look forward to each month. I have lots and lots of cousins, some closer than others, but if we're talking about really being thankful, it would be for Peach and Kathy.
5. I am thankful for the friends, near and far who are so important to my life, like the Pinata women; my friends Ruth and Kathy, who are my lunchtime buddies; Joycie, who took her title of "big sister" very seriously back in 1956 and has been my friend ever since; the CompuServe women, all of whom are great friends, even tho we rarely have the opportunity to get together; friends at great distances like Peggy, Lynn and Olivia, who stay in touch and keep the close friendships alive.
6. I am thankful for the company of dogs, whether those who live here permanently or those whom we come to love as we foster them. I am more thankful for some dogs than others, but I love having their company and their unquestioning love.
7 . I am thankful for Jessica and especially for Ashley, who help make life with dogs do-able when there are conflicting events, and other times as well.
8. I am thankful for Social Media. I began using Social Media the 1990s (before it was even called "social media"), making friends on CompuServe. I still have many of those friends, many of whom have also become face to face friends. There are also now a host of friends, some of whom I have met and some of whom I have not on sites like Facebook, and through reading personal blogs.
9. I am thankful for new technology like YouTube, iTunes, PhotoShop, iMachines, cell phones and all those things that drive my mother nuts because she doesn't want to learn anything about them, and is irritated when we talk about them.
10. I am thankful for the appliances I love which make life so much easier, like the cuisinart, the dishwasher, the bread machine, the mixer, the Bullet blender (definitely a must for puppy formula!)
11. And I am thankful for my sponsored family -- Anjali, Pedro, Briana, Fred, Shallon, Esther and Clarisse, who help me put all of this in perspective and make me realize what a truly blessed life I lead.
Happy Thanksgiving to everyone...I am thankful that you continue to read Funny the World! But be advised that tomorrow's entry will probably be posted late. I'll be too busy playing with Brianna.