Monday, June 22, 2009

Bon Voyage!

So here's the deal.

I am flying out of here today, on an overnight flight to Paris. I don't have a clue when I will have internet access. When I can, I will make a journal update.

But so you can at least follow along with our locations, I have already posted an entry for each day and set them to upload at midnight on that day, which lists what is on our itinerary, starting with today, which says:

Jun 22, 2009

Overnight Flight
Depart from the USA.

See how exciting this is going to be? LOL.

I hope I'll be able to update frequently, but at least you can check every day and find out where we are supposed to be and what we are supposed to be doing. If there is an actual ENTRY posted, the title on the table of contents will change to something more appropriate. Right now I have every day listed with the name of the place where we will be.

-----------------

Turner Classic Movies seemed to be in tune with my preparations. I watched "American in Paris" this morning, then "Gigi" and then a short called "Paris on Parade."

There was a flurry of activity around 10-11 a.m. as several of us in the group scurried to check in on line and upgrade to seats with better leg room. I am in row 69 (the back row of the upstairs section), Char and 2 of her daughters are in row 66 and Sherry and her daughter are in Row 68. It's nice to have that little cluster. Don't know if any others in our group are in the already filled seat in Row 68 or the empty seats in 69, or in the filled Row 67, but I'm glad to have the extra leg room seat, even though I'm sure it will still be a tight squeeze. I hope it's worth the additional $65.

In the late afternoon, we went to Ned & Marta's for a Father's Day pot luck dinner. Ned barbequed and we all sat around eating and chatting. It kept me from sitting here staring at my suitcase for several hours wondering what I'd left out. At the end of the evening, Ned set up chairs in front of a green screen and interviewed Walt and Marta's father, Jerry, about their time together in the Davis Comic Opera Company. It will eventually become one of Ned's famous videos, but who knows when that will happen.

filming.jpg (58897 bytes)

Now we are home. I'm going to do laundry and lay out all of my electronic equipment to make sure I'm not forgetting anything, then pack it all up in my backpack, zip the suitcase closed and get some sleep so I can be ready for the flight tomorrow.

Au revoir, mes amis! See ya on the other side of the Atlantic!

1 comment:

Mary Z said...

And a BON VOYAGE! from over here, too.