Sunday, April 19, 2009

A Weird Meme

The lovely Sheila (not our dog) posted this meme today because she was too tired to write a regular entry. I decided that sounded like a good idea. A meme is always a good idea the day after Cousins Day!

1. What color is your toothbrush?
Let's start this thing off on the most inane level. Blue and white.

2. Name one person who made you smile today.
All 3 of the wonderful women I'm related to at Cousins Day this morning.

3. What were you doing at 8 am this morning?
Sitting in my mother's living room having coffee with my mother and 2 cousins

5. What is your favorite candy bar?
U-No, but they don't seem to make them any more. It was kind of a truffle in a bar. I also like Snickers, but haven't bought one in years because now they seem too sweet for me.

6. Have you ever been to a strip club?
Yes. I was very pregnant at the time. I told the story here.

7. What is the last thing you said aloud
"I slept for an hour and woke up covered with puppies while a commercial on TV was asking me to do something to help save one animal"

8. What is your favorite ice cream?
Not sure, but it might be peanutbutter cup. Or maybe Butter Pecan. It depends on my mood. I generally go for something with a vanilla base with chocolate fudge and something else stirred into it. But I also like flavors like Blackberry and Fresh Peach. Mainly I just like ice cream.

9. What was the last thing you had to drink?
Cold water

10, Do you like your wallet?
I do. Peggy gave it to me for Christmas in 2000. (Did you know that in Australia what we call a "wallet" they call a "purse"?)

11, What was the last thing you ate?
Rynders Swiss Chicken with noodles

12, Have you bought any new clothing items this week?
I don't think I've bought any new clothing items this year.

13, The last sporting event you watched?
The Masters Tournament, at my mother's on Easter Sunday.

14. What is your favorite flavor of popcorn?
Just plain, preferably with butter.

15. Who is the last person you sent a text message to?
Jeri, in response to a photo she sent.

16. Ever go camping?
Yes. We camped a lot before we were married and when the kids were little (how else can you afford to take five kids on vacation?). Now you couldn't get me into a tent, sleeping on the ground for all the tea in China, or all the coffee in Seattle.

17, Do you take vitamins daily?
Vitamin D and a multivitamin

18, Do you go to church every Sunday?
No. I am probably going to hell.

19, Do you have a tan?
I don't tan; I burn. So I avoid the sun.

20,Do you prefer Chinese food over pizza?
Very definitely.

21, Do you drink your soda with a straw?
I don't usually drink any kind of soft drink, but if I do, I prefer it in a glass, over ice, without a straw.

22, What did your last text message say?
"Mmmm...I can smell the donuts from here"

23, What are you doing tomorrow?
No plans. Probably sitting at home covered with puppies.

25, Look to your left, what do you see?
"House," on a small TV, seen over the mountain of junk on my desk.

26, What color is your watch?
I haven't worn a watch in a very long time.

27, What do you think of when you hear Australia?
Peggy. Kangaroos. The Indian Ocean. saudades

29, Do you go in at a fast food place or just hit the drive thru?
I'm a drive-thru person. Usually the only time I go to fast food places is when I'm en route to somewhere and am too lazy to get out of the car.

30. What is your favorite number?
910

31. Who’s the last person you talked to on the phone?
A woman from a local bakery who wanted me to review a concert at her shop. I had to tell her no.

32. Any plans today?
Getting caught up on Internet stuff I missed while at Cousins Day

33. How many states have you lived in?
Only one. But in five different cities in California.

34. Biggest annoyance right now?
TV commercials that are broadcast double the volume of the regular program.

35, Last song listened to?
"I have a song to sing-0," one of my favorite Gilbert & Sullivan songs, sung by Peter, Paul and Mary in an open-air concert in Sydney in the 1970s.

36. Can you say the alphabet backwards?
No. I'm lucky I can still remember it forwards!

37. Do you have a maid service clean your house?
Heavens, no. I'm too embarrassed to have someone come in to clean here (in fact, I gave up a FREE year of house cleaning which was the Christmas bonus one of my bosses regularly gave the staff. I took the money instead.)

38. Favorite pair of shoes you wear all the time?
I alternate between Birkinstocks and loafers. That's all I wear.

39. Are you jealous of anyone?
Maybe a little bit jealous of Tom's mother-in-law, who lives close enough that she's been able to be around Brianna frequently, and care for her one day a week.

40. Is anyone jealous of you?
I have no idea. I can't imagine anyone would be.

41. Do you love anyone?
Of course. How much time do you have...?

42. Do any of your friends have children?
I don't know who wrote this meme, but by the time you get to be my age MOST of your friends have children...and most of their children have children.

43. What do you usually do during the day?
Spend too much time on the internet, act as a dog bed, and eat.

44, Do you hate anyone that you know right now?
Life is too short to waste it on negative emotions, especially now that the Bush Administration is out of office.

45. Do you use the word ‘hello’ daily?
Hmmmm....I don't know. It's probably a toss up between "hello" and "hi"

46. What color is your car?
They say it's "champagne." That beigy color that every other car on the road seems to be. Really, it's just a metallic tan.

47. Do you like cats?
I can take 'em or leave 'em. Generally I leave 'em.

48. Are you thinking about someone right now
No. I'm concentrating on answering these silly questions.

49, Have you ever been to Six Flags?
Six Flags Marine World once or twice. I went to see the animals. I don't generally ride rides--and my god was it expensive! I don't think I've been in the last 25 years. Today I found out why--it was opening day and as we were driving home from my mother's the traffic was backed up as far as the eye can see--fortunately going in the opposite direction from us.

50. How did you get your worst scar?
I only have one teeny tiny scar, about 1/4" long, on my left wrist. A friend and I were carrying a piece of wood that had a nail in it and the nail scratched me.

No comments: