The 99er Meme, Part 3
51) Do you tend to hold grudges against people who have done you wrong?
Only one person. But I got him back. A word to the wise: Never do something wrong to a writer.
Aquarius, and from what I know of stereotypical traits of Aquarians, I am the quintessential Aquarian.
53) Do you save money for anything? What?
Not really. I have a small savings account that I haven't touched and now that I'm not working, my income (the money for "miscellaneous sundries" that is kept separate from our joint acount) is from Social Security, most of which goes to the Compassion children.
54) What's the last thing you purchased?
Clothes to wear when I found myself unexpectedly spending the night at my mother's...I couldn't pass up the 60-70% bargains at Macy*s.
55) Have you ever had a relationship that you realized was lust not love?
I don't think so. I can't remember back that far.
56) In a relationship?
Does married count? :)
57) How many relationships have you had?
In my dating years, they weren't really "relationships." We were all so good (or at least I thought we all were so good). But before Walt and I married, I had dated 5 other guys, two in high school and three in college. One went into the seminary; two were gay.
58) What do you want to tell us about your day?
This is "catch-up" day. I have been without my computer for a week and now that it is back, I'm getting caught up on all the useless stuff I would have been working with all week long.
59) Where were you yesterday?
I just went out to drive to the next town over to pick up my computer; otherwise I was at home.
60) Is there anything interesting within 10 feet of you?
Depends on what you consider interesting. What is mostly within 10 feet of me from where I sit, in any direction I look, are books.
61) Are you wearing socks right now?
Yes, some wonderful slipper-sox that I bought when Borders was going out of business. They are thick and soft and I love them.
62) What's your favorite animal?
Favorite domestic animal is the dog, of course.
Favorite farm animal is the horse.
Favorite wild animal is the elephant. I am fascinated by elephants.
63) What is your secret weapon to get someone to like you?
I don't have one, which is why I have so few close friends. :)
64) Where is your best friend?
My mother has been my lifelong best friend, and if you ask "where" she is, I'd say she is still there, but slowly slipping away.
65) How did your last relationship end?
The last guy I dated before I married Walt was his best friend, who married my roommate. The "dating" part of our relationship just ended when he told me he was too old for me. Seeing how we have both aged, I'm very glad that he ended things. We would have killed each other eventually, we are so different.
66) What is your heritage?
Scotch, Irish, and a bit of German thrown in.
67) What were you doing last night at 12 AM?
I think I was asleep by then.
68) What's new?
My newly un-infected computer!!!
69) What is the key to seduction?
Damned if I know.
70) What was the weirdest thing that happened to you this week??
Nothing really weird, but having to detour around a long stretch of road on which there were multiple accidents, was out of the ordinary. But it gave me the opportunity to drive through some lovely scenic areas and listen to my audio book, so I didn't really mind.
71) You are walking down the street on your way to work. There is a dog drowning in the canal on the side of the street. Your boss has told you if you are late one more time you get fired. What do you do?
I mentally rewrite my resume while I'm rescuing the dog.
72) You are at the doctor’s office and she has just informed you that you have approximately one month to live. a) Do you tell anyone/everyone you are going to die? b) What do you do with your remaining days? c) Would you be afraid?
I'd come home and write a blog entry about it, so everyone would know. I would try to get my kids to come and spend time here, and I would be afraid, but not "deathly" afraid. I think.
73) You can only have one of these things: trust or love.
74) What's a song that always makes you happy when you hear it?
"Thank God, You're Doing Fine" by Lawsuit
75) Who has your cell phone number (other than family)?
A few friends and my computer guru.