Monday, January 16, 2012

Sunday Stealing

The Never-Ending Meme, Part 2

21. Did you go to your high school prom?
I went to the prom in my junior year and the "Senior Ball" the following year. My prom date was Bill Farrington, whom I dated all through high school until he entered the Jesuits. My Senior Ball date was a guy named Marty, who lived in the flat above ours. I didn't really like him and I'm afraid that I didn't do much to make the ball enjoyable for him.

22. Perfect time to wake up?

I don't know if there is a "perfect" time for me to wake up, but I really like it when I'm able to sleep until and even a little past 7 a.m.

23. Perfect time to go to bed?

After The Daily Show.


24. Do you use your queen right away in chess?
I'm not a chess player, really, but the few times that I do play, I save that queen until later. The last time I played chess, I was soundly whupped by a kid who was maybe 10.

25. Ever been in a car accident?

Minor only, thankfully

26. Closer to mom or dad…or neither?

In our family it was my father against the world. You could not "get close" to my father because if you thought you could, it always played against you. My father died in 1987 and I did not mourn his passing. My mother is still my best friend.

27. What age is this exciting life over for you?

There is always something exciting out there, something you least expect around the next corner. I don't even want to think that "this exciting life" is over, until I've breathed my last.

28. What decade during the 20th century would you have chosen to be a teenager?

I was a teenager in the 1950s and I love looking back at that era. I think I'm glad that I didn't come of age in the 60s. With my addictive personality, I probably would have become a flower child and fried my brain.

29. Favorite shoes you have EVER owned?

I am not and never have been a shoe person. Shoes always hurt my feet until I've had a chance to break them in. But I remember a pair of shoes--I don't even remember what they looked like--that I tried on in a shoe shop in Berkeley. They felt good right away and I remember expressing surprise. The salesman drew himself up proudly and said "Madam, Old Main Trotters always fit." (I wonder if they still make Old Main Trotters...)

30. Do you have an article of clothing you have had since you were in high school?

No.

31. Were you in track and field?

My high school was one square 2-story building on a busy street corner in San Francisco. Our "yard" was about the size of the average grammar school playground. So, no track and field.

32. Were you ever in a school talent show?

We didn't have talent shows per se. I sang in the school choir and was in the senior play (underclasswomen did not perform in school plays)

33. Have you ever written in a library book?

Heavens no! Isn't that a capital offense?

34. Allergic to?

Probably something but I've never been tested for allergies. In the last year I sure have been sneezing a lot, though. I'm probaby allergic to dog fur!

35. Favorite fruit?

I like lots of fruit. Fresh strawberries are probably my favorite, followed by bananas and oranges.


No comments: