Hi! I'm your host Bev Sykes of the blog "Funny the World". . Welcome to Sunday Stealing. This feature originated and published on WTIT: The Blog. Here we will steal all types of questions from every corner of the blogosphere. Our promise to you is that we will work hard to find the most interesting and intelligent questions. Cheers to all of us thieves!
Stolen from Facebook
1. Wintertime comfort foods, habits, hobbies
Can't think of any that are different from the rest of the year, except, of course, thespecial foods for Thanksgiving and Christmas.
2. Favorite seasonal/holiday music and songs
I do like Christmas songs. When we decorate the tree, we have to have Bing Crosby singing, as we did every year throughout my childhood.
3. The people I want to spend more time with next year
It would be nice to see more of Tom and his family next year, though given the distance (~400 miles), that is probably not possible
4. How much I could change my life in 1 year if I focused
Probably a lot. Given how my life has changed since my surgery and how it has made me a healthier person in just a couple of months, think what I could do if I really devoted myself to it.
5. The valuable lessons I learned this year
I'm learning a lot about my health that I've been ignoring for years
6. How I’d describe 2022 in 10 words
bad, good, quiet, lots of letter writing and a lap dog!
7. My favorite Reads of 2022
:"Funny farm" by Laurie Zaleski; "The Rainbow Comes and Goes" by Anderson Cooper; "West with Giraffes" by Lynda Rutledge, and all the Harlan Coben books I read.
8. Best movies I saw in 2022
I haven't been to the theater to see a movie in 2 years.
9. Favorite TV shows/episodes of 2022
Better Call Saul was a big winner in this house this year. The finale was perfect. I am also a big fan of most of the doctor shows, probably my favorite New Amsterdam. And of course we can't forget Jeopardy.
10. Memorable experiences from 2022
My mother's death, finding Bubba (our new dog), my hospitalization, Ned's care of me.
11. Three people I enjoyed spending time with this year
Daughter Jeri was here a couple of times and I always enjoy spending time with her. Also, we went to Santa Barbara in July and I love being with our son and his family.
12. How I handled challenges this year
Calmly and responsibly, I hope
13. What I’m leaving behind in 2022
14. How I changed most from beginning to end of the year
I lost my gallbladder.
15. What I want to tell myself before the New Year
Trump will get what's coming to him...and I don't mean the presidency.