Saturday, December 29, 2018

Saturday 9

Saturday 9: Winter Wonderland (1968)

Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.

 
Welcome to the last Saturday 9 of 2018! Thanks for a great year, everyone.

1) This is an unconventional take on an old familiar song. Over the holidays, do you prefer traditional carols? Or do you like to mix it up with with more contemporary fare?
I'm old fashioned.  I prefer the traditional carols.  It's not Christmas without Bing Crosby.

2) Now that Christmas is behind us, are you enjoying a relaxing week? Or do you have socializing/celebrating/chores to do?
Definitely relaxing.  Walt is post-op and my surgery was yesterday.  We aren't doing ANY socializing or celebrating (except that the procedures are over!).  I'm binge-watching Mrs. Maisel

3) Winter is a time for cocooning. What book or movie did you enjoy in 2018 that you would recommend to your fellow Saturday 9-ers?
We only saw two movies.  Of them, Jane (about Jane Goodall) was my favorite.

4) Looking back on the past year, what was one of your happiest moments?
Yesterday, when they told me, after a 30 minute procedure and an hour waiting for lab results, that I am cancer free.

5) What was the smartest thing you did all this past year?
Hmmm.....we've been dealing with doctors for so long it's hard to think of anything else, so I guess deciding to have the "wart" on my nose checked...finding out it was basal cell carcinoma in early enough stage that it could be removed entirely.

6) As 2018 comes to a close, what are you most grateful for?
That all my kids are happy and healthy, that my mother, though with worsening dementia, is as happy as she can be and safe where she is. 

7) This week's featured artist is Herb Alpert. Because of the style he popularized and the name of his band, people assume he's Hispanic. Yet his parents were Jewish immigrants from Romania. What's something we'd be surprised to learn about you?
That I really don't like to listen to music much.

8) He performed an instrumental version of "The Star Spangled Banner" at Super Bowl XXII. How did your favorite sports teams do in 2018?
The 49ers and the San Francisco Giants didn't do well, but as Jeri lives in Boston, I was happy for the Red Socks

9) Random question: When did you last check your social media feed?
I check it regularly, so probably half an hour ago.

No comments: