The Madness Meme, Part 2
23. Do you ever walk around the house naked?
I don't think I have ever done that. 24. If you were an animal what would you be? Why?
An elephant, because I just love those animals and am intrigued by their society, their emotional connections to each other, and because I just saw this video and I'm still crying about it.
25. Hair color you like on someone you’re dating?
Doesn't matter at all. If I were to start dating now, my only options, I suspect would be grey or white!
26. If suffering an injury, would you rather be left blind or deaf?
Very difficult decision, but I think I'd rather be blind (though I am terrified of going blind) because I could still hear audio books, "watch" television, and talk to friends on the telephone.
27. Do you have any special talents?
I can wiggle my ears.
28. What do you do as soon as you walk in the house?
Give the dogs their treats because Polly won't stop barking at me until I do.
29. Do you like horror or comedy?
If it's the choice of those two, definitely comedy, but I'd rather choose crime/mystery than either of those.
30. Are you missing anyone?
Oh, Lord, yes.
31. Where do you want to live when you are old?
I am old and I'm content just where I am.
32. Who is the person you can count on the most?
If you mean other than Walt, it would be my friend Char, who has always been there for all of my crises and traumas and somehow still comes back for more.
33. If you could date any celebrity past or present, who would it be?
I don't want to date a celebrity, but I wouldn't mind hanging out with a couple. I think Ellen Degeneres would be fun to visit on her ranch with all her animals, for example. I would also love to sits and chat with Rachel Maddow.
34. What did you dream last night?
If I dreamed anything, I don't remember what it was.
35. What is your favorite sport to watch?
Horse racing. I enjoy a football or baseball game if there is someone to watch it with. And of course, during the Olymics, I love to watch springboard diving.
36. Are you named after anyone?
Sort of. They were going to name me Barbara, after my aunt Barb, but decided it would be compicated having two Barbaras in the family, so they named me Beverly, which was Barb's middle name (they tell me). Ironically, throughout my entire life, when people can't remember my name they always call me Barbara.
37. What is your favorite alcoholic drink?
Probably gin and tonic, though there were a lot of alcoholic drinks we tried over our cousins day celebrations that were pretty good. A chocolate raspberry martini was one that I remember very fondly.
38. Non alcoholic drink?
39. Have you ever been in love?
40. Do you sing in the shower?
No. It always struck me odd that people seem to think that everyone sings in the shower. The idea has never occurred to me.
41. Have you ever been arrested?
No. I'm a good girl
42. What is your favorite Holiday?
Thanksgiving, I think. Minimum pressure, and pumpkin pie--can't beat it. Though it's not as good as it was in the years when my godfather always brought a 2 lb box of See's candy to dinner. My mother put it on top of the glass cabinet and after everyone finished their dinner, she would take the box down and we passed it around the table. My first choice was always California brittle.
43. Would you ever get plastic surgery?
Only for a disfigurement, not for improvement of appearance. I earned my wrinkles, laugh lines, and all those other imperfections.
44. Have you ever caught a fish?
No. I don't remember ever going fishing, though I did go crabbing with my grandfather once. I can't remember if we caught any crabs or not.