Saturday, January 28, 2023

Sunday Stealing

1. when did you last sing to yourself

I lost my voice several years ago.  My vocal range is now about 3 notes, so I don't sing to myself any more.  Before that, I used to be in choirs for many years.

2. if you’re male, would you ever rock black nail polish? if you’re female, would you ever rock really really short hair?
I once had my head shaved to raise money for children's cancer research, so I don't mind having really short hair.

3. what is the greatest accomplishment of your life?
Oh so many.  I'd say raising 5 children, but two of them didn't make it, so I'm not sure that is the "greatest accomplishment."  Probably the book I wrote in 1989 -- "The Lamplighters Story, 1977-1987", So cool to know I can look myself up in the Library of Congress.

4. what is the first happy memory that comes to mind, recent or otherwise?
Watching my kids' band, Lawsuit concerts, especially at UC Davis where they had hundreds in the audience.

5. if you knew that in one year you would die suddenly, would you change anything about the way you are now living?
No.

6. do you have a bucket list? if so, what are the top three things?
I had a  bucket list at one time and have fortunately accomplished most of the things on it. The only two things left are trips to Africa (photo safari) and cruise up the inland passage to Alaska, neither of which I expect to do.

7. how do you feel about tattoos and piercings
Not a big fan of tattoos, though I have seen some that were really beautiful -- just not for me..  I have one piercing in each ear and that is enough for me.

8. do you feel you had a happy childhood?
I feel I had an OK childhood.  My father's anger kept it from being completely happy.

8. when did you last cry in front of another person?
Oh probably Walt, the last time I saw a sad TV program.

9. who in the world would you most like to receive a letter from and what would you want it to say?
It would be nice to hear from my friend Melody, who lives in Maryland and whom I have not heard from in many years.

10. what is your night time routine?
Watch Colbert's monologue and when it is midnight, post videos to 1SE and work the new Wordle, then go to sleep. Usually sleep for 2-3 hours, then up for a bit, then back to sleep for another 2-3 hours.

11. when was your last 3am conversation with someone, and who were they to you?
Well, the only one I might have had a conversation with at 3 a.m. it would be by text message to my friend Char.  We both tend to be awake many nights in the middle of the night.

12. if you were about to die, and you could only say one more sentence to one person, what would you say and to whom?
I would say "I love you" to whoever is with me at the hour of my death.

13. what is your opinion on brown eyes?
I don't usually pay attention to eyes.  I have hazel eyes and I can't even tell you what color my kids' eyes are (I'm pretty sure Ned's are brown).  But Judy Garland had beautiful brown eyes, and I loved those.

14. pick a quote and describe what it means to you personally.
"You will lose someone you can’t live without, and your heart will be badly broken, and the bad news is that you never completely get over the loss of your beloved. But this is also the good news. They live forever in your broken heart that doesn’t seal back up. And you come through. It’s like having a broken leg that never heals perfectly—that still hurts when the weather gets cold, but you learn to dance with the limp." -- Anne Lamott

Having lost so many people I can't live without, I related to this quote when I first read it.

15. what would you title the autobiography of your life so far?

I've answered this question before ... "Funny the World." 

7 comments:

Roger Owen Green said...

A GREAT quote.
I usually do my wordle at 1205, but I was too tired. Still have it to do today.

Lisa said...

My quote is from Ann3 Lamott, too! Thanks so much for the questions!

annie said...

Powerful quote!!

Plastic Mancunian said...

I've done the Alaska trip. It's a beautiful state.

Not sure about going on a safari though. Maybe.

:o)

Cheers

PM

**Syl said...

How did you cope with loosing your voice?

The quote resembles what my gram always said: they are away, but they have found a forever pace in your heart.

Have a nice week!

CountryDew said...

Excellent quote. (And you're not old.)

Bev Sykes said...

Syl -- I only lost my singing voice. It's frustrating not to be able to sing along with music but I deal with it.