Friday, January 6, 2023

Baklava

 Right before Christmas, I took pastry out of the freezer.  It was phyllo pastry, thinking I would make an hors d'oeuvre.  Only it turned out that that I needed was not phyllo but puff pastry, so the phyllo has sad, unfrozen, in the refrigerator since Christmas and I kept thinking I would make baklava since I had nearly all the ingredients I needed, missing only a lemon. But I kept putting it off and putting it off.

Finally yesterday I decided to do it.  To my surprise (and relief) the phyllo was still usable, though not in the familiar "sheets" that it normally comes in.  I had to kind of piece it together like a puzzle, but it worked.  I was pleased at how well the thing  turned out after baked.

Baklava is very sweet and I don't know that it is going to be finished and I have no desire to ever make it again, but it was tasty.


An on-line friend of mine posted a link to her "1 second a day" video.  1SE is an app that lets you post something 1 second long every day and at the end of the year you have a video diary of your whole year, in 1 second segments.

I had a difficult time figuring the app out and my friend sent me instructions of how she did it.  The instructions were as confusing as the app's, but I worked with it and finally sort of figured out how it all works and I will be posting a 1 second video or photo every day.  Should be fun.  A new project.




No comments: