Friday, January 13, 2023

Good news!

Well, I never truly believed I'd get any satisfaction from WordPerfect, but after many emails (essentially explaining the same thing to someone new) I have WordPerfect again, and I didn't have to pay any more money.  I have a valid license number and am very happy.

Jeri and Phil arrived here last night, in time for dinner.


In the morning, Ned fixed us all a big breakfast  and then Jeri and I went out for "a drive."  We had planned to go out for lunch, but since breakfast was so late, se didn't feel like eating, but we still wanted some time together.  I didn't want to leave Davis because it was raining again, so we just drove around and ended up at Starbucks, where we had comfy seats and sat and drank coffee and enjoyed "girl talk" for an hour or so.  It was very special.



Ned went and got pizza for dinner and then his friend Greg came over and there was a lot of chatter and laughter around the table until nearly 11 p.m., when Greg went home.  Jeri and Phil will be leaving tomorrow morning to fly back to Boston.  There is supposed to be a storm tonight and into tomorrow so I'm hoping for a safe flight for them.

Bubba is being very weird.  He gets in someone's lap and then for some reason he just starts growling if they pet him.  He actually snapped at Jeri.  I tell him sternly (and loudly) "no" and he usually stops with me but I don't understand what is making him growl.  He seems to be doing it more lately.  Originally it was only when Bouncer was around (tho he and Bouncer seem to be getting along better now), but now there doesn't seem to be anything that is causing him to growl.






2 comments:

CountryDew said...

It sounds like Bubba might be in pain. Perhaps he has an infection?

Olivia Sn said...

Yes, I agree with Country Dew.