Saturday, January 7, 2023

Saturday 9

What's New, Pussycat?
Welcome to Saturday: 9. What we've committed to our readers is that we will post 9 questions every Saturday. Sometimes the post will have a theme, and at other times the questions will be totally unrelated. Those weeks we do "random questions," so-to-speak. We encourage you to visit other participants posts and leave a comment. Because we don't have any rules, it is your choice. We hate rules. We love to 
answer the questions, however, and here is today's questions!


Saturday 9: What's New, Pussycat? (1965)

Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.
Welcome to the first Saturday 9 of 2023.

1) In this song, Tom Jones wants to know what's new in his girl's life. Here at Saturday 9, we're concentrating on the new year. What do you hope will be new and different in your life during 2023?
Well, I guess I hope I will go out more than the last two years.  I am in need of lunch with two different friends, for example.
 
2) He sings that he has flowers for his special girl. Are there fresh flowers in your home right now?
I don't normally have flowers in the house, unless roses are blooming, but my daughter-in-law gave me a Christmas cactus for Christmas and it is still blooming.
 
3) He also wants to spend hours with her. What is something you'd like to spend more time doing in 2023?
Learning some kind of web design so I can go back  to Funny the World in its old format.
 
4) Before his music career took off, Tom Jones supported himself by selling vacuum cleaners. Could your home benefit from a once-over with a vacuum right now?
Probably not.  Ned did a good cleaning before Christmas
 
5) Memorabilia from Tom's 1990 world tour was available eBay and the bids went up to $599 a jacket worn by the stage crew. Have you ever bought anything at an auction (online or otherwise)?
I don't think so.

6) Tom's adult grandson, Alex, represented Wales in rifle shooting in the Commonwealth Games. Is there a sport you'd like to try, or get better at, in 2023?
I'm not into sports.  Can't think of one that I'd like to try (bicycling was great until I fell and then my bike got stolen)

7) In 1965, when this song was popular, Tom Jones made a new friend, Elvis Presley. Tom had a meeting at Paramount Studios to discuss recording a song for a movie soundtrack and Elvis was finishing a film. It was the beginning of a friendship that would continue for the rest of Elvis' life. Did you make any new friends in 2022?
I didn't even see any OLD friends.

8) Also in 1965, The Sound of Music premiered and became one of the most successful movies of all time. Have you seen it?
Many times

9) Random question: Were you like those shoppers we saw on TV, in line at a retailer after the holidays to exchange a gift that wasn't quite right?
No.  Didn't get anything that needed exchanging, except the gift I bought myself, which will be mailed back to Amazon.

6 comments:

The Gal Herself said...

When I first landed here this morning, I was thinking that I still kinda miss the look of Funny the World. I hope you can to post again in the way that makes you happiest.

Diana_CT said...

#1 Ditto next weekend I going out to eat with a bunch of friends but it is weather dependent.
#6 That’s lousy. I used to ride but New England is known for it hills, I would be huffing and puffing going up a hill and fly down the other side. Back then they didn’t have “Rails-to-Trails” or bike paths.

Lori said...

I hope you get to have your lunch with friends soon. That sounds like fun. I think my work friends and I are going to try to make some plans to see a conference next month and have dinner before. I am excited about that. Loved your answers! Have a nice weekend! ♥

https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

CountryDew said...

Hopefully you will get out with your friends soon.

Susan said...

Sometimes just changing the background can make a difference! I hope you get out with your friends. Maybe you can meet somewhere in the open. Blogger is very limited in what you can do. I still have my old website and it is made with html. It was more work, but it made the pages much better than what blogger has.

**Syl said...

You brought a memory back.
My father took a christmas cactus to his work. It was a little one.
After 25 years it had taken over the desk it was put on...it was large and absolutely wonderful.
He retired and left the cactus there, as it was too large and it was so beautiful there.
He got cancer and the cactus didn't florish anymore.
After he died, the cactus was gone soon too.

Thanks for making me remember it.

Have a great week!