Monday, January 2, 2023

Last entry of 2022

 Yesterday was ... interesting.  The power had gone off at about 5:30 the night before and was still off in the morning.  Very cold!!  I snuggled under blankets. gloves and earmuffs.  Still cold.  Ned talked us into buying a generator 3 years ago and what a godsend it has been.  We have only needed it a few times, but when we need it's wonderful.  It kept the important things powered up -- the refrigerator, the TV, the coffee pot and the bidet.  

We didn't do much...well *I* didn't do much...but watch TV all day.  Ned and Walt were busy keeping the house in order.  I love it that Ned feels I need to keep my leg elevated because of the slight swelling in my feet...makes me feel not guilty for not doing something in the house!

The power eventually came on, which was great, but we didn't get internet access until this afternoon (the day after the power came back on).  

I'm cooking split pea soup for dinner tonight.  We have this huge ham bone and I decided we should have soup (Marta will have a burrito).  I haven't made soup in forever.  Tomorrow I"m going to try baklava since I have all the ingredients for it and I want to find out if the phyllo dough I thawed before Christmas is too old to be used.

This will be the last holidailies entry for 2022.  I didn't make as much use of Holidailies as I usually do but I did write almost every day. 

Thanks, Holidailies for another fun year.

(Tom's dogs)

UPDATE:  I thought this would be Holidailies, but they have stopped taking entries since Jan 1, so this is just a regular Funny the World.




1 comment:

Kim said...

Glad you're back to writing every day!