Saturday, January 7, 2023

Sunday Stealing

 Welcome to Sunday Stealing. This feature originated and published on WTIT: The Blog. Here we will steal all types of questions from every corner of the blogosphere. Our promise to you is that we will work hard to find the most interesting and intelligent questions. Cheers to all of us thieves!



Stolen from the "IF" book


 

 

1, If you could change the ending to one movie you have seen, which one would it be, and how would you reshoot it?
I can't think of a one right now.


2. If you were to select a food that best describes your character, what food would it be?
cream cheese -- soft and squishy, not overly sweet, not overly not-sweet, and something that most people like.


3. If you could cure any disease, which would it be?
Alzheimer's, before I get it.


4. If you had to describe the single worst thing a friend could do to you, what would it be?
End a close friendship without a word of explanation and then be angry with you when you tried to find out what you did to make the friendship have to end.


5. If you could be a contestant on any game show, which would you like to be on?
Oh, I'd love to be on Jeopardy, but I'm too old and too unintelligent, especially with sports and modern music to do well on it.


6. If you could choose the music at your own funeral, what would it be, and who would play it?
Steve Schalchlin would have to fly back from New York to play "Save Me a Seat."


7. If you had to spend all of your vacations for the rest of your life in the same place, where would you go?
Someplace overlooking the ocean, with meals included and staff to care for everything you want.


8. If you could ask God a single question, what would  it be?
Why do you allow so much infighting?


9. If you could eat one food in any quantity for  the rest of your life with no ill effects whatsoever what food would you choose?
In main-course-y foods, it would be Dungeness Crab, in snack food it would be either peanut butter or cream cheese.


10. If you could have a year any place in the world, all expenses paid, where would you go?
I am not really interested in living somewhere other than here, but if I had to, I'd choose the south of France.


11. If you could forever eliminate one specific type of prejudice from the earth, which would it be?
I've never understood why Jews have been attacked...pretty much forever.


12. If you could own one painting from any collection in the world but were not allowed to sell it, which work of art would you select?
One of Van Gogh's Almond Blossoms.


13. If you could ask a single question of a dead relative, what would it be and of whom would you ask it?
I would ask my father's parents to talk to me about their careers in vaudeville.  (They never spoke of it while they were alive and I didn't find out about it until after they died)


14. If you had to choose the best television show ever made, which one would you pick?
The West Wing or M*A*S*H

15. If you could write letters to only one person for the rest of your life, who would receive them?
I've done this twice, once to my friend Phil, who died and once to my friend Peggy.(see #4).  I can't think of anybody I'd like to write to daiiy any more.  I would say Char, but we correspond on FaceBook.

15. If you could write letters to only one person for the rest of your life, who would receive them?

6 comments:

Susan said...

We answered 3 and 4 the same. It takes me a long time to answer these questions. Makes me think. Happy Sunday!

Lisa said...

thank you for the questions each week! I enjoyed your answers.

Roger Owen Green said...

Good quiz! I was on JEOPARDY in 1998 and won once! Couldn't do it now...

Plastic Mancunian said...

Cream cheese? So close to my answer.

Yes - I like the idea of living by the ocean too.

The South of France is quite beautiful. I love the place.

:o)

Cheers

PM

**Syl said...

Would be nice to live near the ocean.

I don't understand the attacks on the Jews either. It gos on and on in history... why?

Have a nice week!

CountryDew said...

I don't understand racism (or hatred) in any form. I do not think of you as cream cheese! But it's a good answer.