Sunday, February 12, 2017

Sunday Stealing

1. Last movie you saw in a theater?
LaLa Land.  I wanted to see at least one movie before the Golden Globes, but we had actually also seen Manchester Bay too.  I hope to get to see Lion before the Oscars.  I probably can't fit in more than one more movie by then.

2. What book are you reading?
Two of them right now.  One is Mary Tyler Moore's latest book about living with diabetes ("Growing Up Again")  I'm also reading "Cats, Dogs and Other Things that Poop in the Yard," a bunch of essays about people's pets, edited by my friend Debra DeAngelo, editor of one of our local newspapers, The Winters Express.

3. Favorite board game?
I haven't played board games in years, but I used to love Monopoly.

4. Favorite magazine?
I'm not a magazine person.

5. Favorite smells?
Fresh coffee, the ocean, baking bread, brewing coffee, puppy breath, and the heads of newborn babies.

6. Favorite sounds?
The ocean crashing against the shore, rain falling on the roof, a huge pipe organ

7. Worst feeling in the world?
Grief, loneliness

8. What is the first thing you think of when you wake up?
"What time is it?"  (It's usually 3 a.m.) and then the second time, "can I snuggle under my quilt for awhile without the dogs knowing I'm awake?"

9. Favorite fast food place?
Jack in the Box

10. Future child’s name?
ROFL.  I'm 74 years old (as of next week) and think that 'future children' are out of the question, but I do like the names of the five I already have:  Jerilyn, Ned, Paul, Tom and David.

11. Finish this statement. “If I had lot of money I’d….?
Find the best way to help my sponsored kids around the world.

12. Do you sleep with a stuffed animal?
If she's in the mood, a Chihuahua.  Does that count?

13. Storms – cool or scary?
Way cool, as long as I'm safe inside.  I love thunder and lightning, love the rain.  I find the wind exciting, unless it's blowing trees down.  I might feel different if I lived in the midwest.

14. Favorite drink?
Ice water

15. Finish this statement, “If I had the time I would….”?
Actually, I am retired so I really have the time to do anything I want.  The better question would be "If I had the energy, I would...."

16. Do you eat the stems on broccoli?
If they are cut up.  Not in one big chunk.

17. If you could dye your hair any color, what would be your choice?
I am happy with my salt and pepper.  I earned these grey hairs.  I once tried to dye my hair auburn, back in the 1970s.  It looked purple.  I never tried again.

18. Name all the different cities/towns you’ve lived in?
All in California:  San Francisco for 18 years, four different places in Berkeley, a rented house in Albany (next door to Berkeley), Oakland, and then Davis, for the last 43-1/2 years.

19. Favorite sports to watch?
Equestrian sports at the Olympics, springboard diving, and if we talk of team sports, baseball (SF Giants fan)

20. One nice thing about the person who sent this to you?
Nobody edits these things!  I downloaded it from the web site myself.  I am a very nice person.

21. What’s under your bed?
Dust bunnies

22. Would you like to be born as yourself again?
Good lord, no.  I don't mind having been the person I have been, but once is enough.

23. Morning person, or night owl?
I used to be both, going to bed way after midnight and waking up at 5 or 6.  Now I'm neither.  More and more often I am going to sleep before midnight, and it takes me an hour or so before I feel human when I wake up in the morning.

24. Over easy, or sunny side up?
I used to like over easy, but lately I've been ordering sunny side up.

25. Favorite place to relax?
In my recliner, in front of the TV

26. Favorite pie?
Pumpkin

27. Favorite ice cream flavor?
Butter pecan

28. Of all the people who play, how many of the posts do you usually read?
I try to read everyone's.  I don't always comment, but I at least read everyone who has posted by Sunday evening (if they post later, I often don't check back)

No comments: