Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Some Reasons Why I Sponsor


June was a good month for letters from Compassion kids.  Twelve letters from an assortment of my 30 kids.  That's a lot.  These letters from the children are so heartfelt and so warm that I thought I would share a few quotes to let you see why it is that I sponsor and how wonderful these kids are.  (The little guys, under about 8, don't write their own letters...but these are samples from the older ones, who do...some of them in English)


1.  My house tasks are feeding of piglets, washing plates and others.  I want to work as a teacher when I grow up.  I want to help and teach children to learn more knowledge. Thank you for supporting me and guiding me through all the way. -Annie Rose (Philippines)
2. It is my pleasure to write to you again this wonderful morning that God has granted to us. I hope that you and your family are well and safe.  I am so happy today because every day in my life is always bright as a saying that says, "it always takes a smile to make a dog's day brighter." -Erik (Kenya)
3. Let me take this opportunity to thank God who has given me this golden chance to greet you in the name of Jesus Christ our beloved lord. The main issue of writing this letter is to thank you very much for everything you have done for me.  Like I thank you for the letters.  I would like to tell you that every day I pray to God  because God has made me what I am. I am happy with the verse you sent to me because it has improved me to have love with my friends.  I thank God and you very much because you have helped me in many things.  When my mother died, I didn't know that I was going to get another mother like you.  Praise the Lord.  -Shallon (Uganda)
4.  I am very sad about this news.  I pray for your friend Mike's soul and also I pray for Char's health and her five children's health.  God has given you all needs for your friend Mike and Char's family. Your wedding photos are so nice.  I wish you a happy wedding anniversary.  Your dress is so nice.  I like your veil looking very nice.  I like your church  I like music and songs very much.  I sing songs very well.  I wish you a happy wedding anniversary to next year.  -Anjali (India)
5. I'm fine, thanks God, because every time I read your letters I feel I was living those moments with you. I always think of you and pray for you so that God gives you everything you need, like in Philippines 4:13, "I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me."  -Banesa (Haiti)
6. I sneeze especially when I get flu and cough.  My birthday has already ended; I had a nice party but it was not grandiose.  What about yours?  Have you ever sneezed?  How do you celebrate your birthday with your family?  Please pray for me so I can have more patience just like Solomon and that I can be intelligent like the three men Shadrack, Meshach and Abednego.  Please pray for my schooling and temperance.  I will be praying so that God can bless you abundantly.  -Briana (Haiti)
7. I thank you for your letters and prayers you have been giving to me.  Your letters bring joy to me any time I read them.  God bless you.  I pray that God will protect you from the hands of the devil and provide you all your needs.  Pray that God will help me end this academic year successfully.  -Emmanuella (Ghana)
8. I thank you for giving a lot of impressions and good messages to me, for the help, attention, gifts and prayers all this time.  I just want to say goodbye because I'll depart from Project now.  My goal after the departure from Project is to work to help my parents and siblings.  There are actually a lot of benefit I get from Project.  Project activity now really helps the progress of teens nowadays indeed, to educate and to create in any field.  -Esther (Indonesia)
9. Thanks for the letter and words of encouragement for me.  I am so happy when I read your letter.  Thanks for the picture.  What is the favorite sport of Brianna?  I like to play basketball. Thank you also for sponsoring me.  If I have no sponsor maybe I will be sad but I am happy that I have you.  Thank you for the gift I received.  We spent the money for the hospital bill when my mother gave birth.  My new sibling is a boy.  His name is Direk.  -Fred (Philippines)
10. It is nice that you are happy to help your cousin.  God will reward you so much in your mother's health and your cousin's too.  I will keep praying for your family and also for your cousin so it is God who does the miracle.  Greetings to Brianna and luck in the play.  I did not know what bowling was, but with the explanation you gave me, I understood and I will practice it to learn it very well.  Thank you for the explanation of bowling.  -Brayan (Honduras)
11. Today, I am so pleased to be writing to you.  It is like a water spring running in my heart. My activities are going well.  I was very happy for the letters and the nice pictures.  I love to look at them with my friends.  I have a little member of my family who is afraid of looking at the dog. -Miché (Haiti)
12. I am preparing to celebrate Christmas by serving the old people.  I will visit them and assist them with work at their homes.  I will also go to Church and after my service I wish you well and thanks for being a wonderful friend.   Murugi (Uganda)

No comments: