Sunday, May 27, 2018

Sunday Stealing

Welcome to Sunday Stealing. This feature originated and published on WTIT: The Blog. Here we will steal all types of questions from every corner of the blogosphere. Our promise to you is that we will work hard to find the most interesting and intelligent questions. (Past hosts include: Our first - Judd Corizan, Mr. L, Kwizgiver and Bud)  Cheers to all of us thieves!





This is from See the Stars Ablaze --a site you might prefer not to check out, but I liked the questions.

 


1 - Do you ever wish you were someone else?
No.  I can't think of anybody else I'd like to be.  I'm content, more or less, with who I am.


2 - How old are you?
gently pushing 80


3 - Age you get mistaken for:
Well, I have good genes.  My mother was always thought to be 20 years younger than she actually was--and that we were sisters.  Now, not.  She may not look 98, but nobody is going to think she's in her 70s any more.  I don't know how old people think I am now, but I suspect they would guess late 60s...until they see me walk anywhere.


4 - Your zodiac/horoscope and if you think it fits your personality
I occasionally read my horoscope just for laughs and it is rarely appropriate, but a friend who was into all that stuff did a chart for me once and it was eerily accurate.  What was odd is that everywhere that was appropriate "writing" appeared.

5 - What did you do on your last birthday?
We drove to San Francisco for dinner and to watch the taping of our favorite radio show, Says You.  A week or so later, we had dinner with our son Ned and Walt sister and brother (and their spouses) to celebrate my birthday and Walt's birthday, which is a week later.

6 - What is one thing you would like to accomplish before your next birthday?
You know, with my mother's Alzheimers getting worse, I can't think of the future, I just live day to day, week to week.  I have no accomplishment hopes at the moment...except maybe read more books.
7 - What is your hair color?
Salt and pepper...and I love it.  I tell people I earned all these grey hairs.

8 - Have you ever dyed your hair?
When I was in my 30s, I wanted auburn hair like Maureen O'Hara, so I did a dye job home and got a lovely shade of metallic purple-ish.  That was the end of my dying.

9 - What is your eye color?
Green with yellow flecks (according to Walt).

10 - If you could change your eye color, would you?
Nah  Well, maybe if I could have those famous violet eyes that Elizabeth Taylor had, I might consider it.

11 - Do you wear contacts/glasses?
Heck yes. Trifocals.  I have to put them in the same place each night because I can't find my glasses without my glasses.

12 - Your opinion about your body and how comfortable you are with it:
Blech.  Inside I'm tall (well at least as tall as I was before I stared shrinking), well proportioned and with the build of an athlete.  In reality, I'm a marshmallow.

13 - Have you ever considered plastic surgery? What would you alter about your body?
Not for me.  I had a friend who did a tummy tuck once and died a week later from an infection.  I wasn't interested before and I'm REALLY not interested after.  I figure that like the grey hairs I earned in life, I've earned all these rolls of fat and I might as well make peace with them.  I once worked for a gynecologist who did (and still does) vaginal plastic surgery.  Now THAT was fascinating, especially designing his web site.

14 - Do you have any tattoos?
Nope.  Not at all interested.

15 - Do you have any piercings?
Two.  One in each ear.

16 - Left or right handed?
I'm sinister.  I've been lucky that nobody ever tried to force me to switch when I started school--lots of teachers did that in those days.

17 - Do you drink?
Just water.  Very rarely I'll have an alcoholic drink or maybe a beer, but I'm not really a drinker.  I'm a disappointment to my alcoholic ancestors!

18 - Do you smoke?
I smoked one cigarette in my life.  Bought a pack in high school to be "cool," tried one, hated it and threw it and the rest of the pack away, which is probably lucky because most of my relatives who have died have died of lung-related diseases and all were smokers (my mother is the only one of the 10 in her family who never smoked)

19 - Do you have any pets?
Just one Chihuahua now.  This is the most pet-empty house we've ever had, but it's kind of peaceful.

20 - Do you have any “rules” about food?
It should be eaten while still hot, not lukewarm from sitting on the table for 10 minutes. That's about it.

No comments: