Welcome to Saturday: 9. What we've committed to our readers is that we will post 9 questions every Saturday. Sometimes the post will have a theme, and at other times the questions will be totally unrelated. Those weeks we do "random questions," so-to-speak. We encourage you to visit other participants posts and leave a comment. Because we don't have any rules, it is your choice. We hate rules. We love memes, however, and here is today's meme!
Saturday 9: Mighty Clouds of Joy (1974)
Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.
1) This song celebrates serenity. Are you feeling peaceful this morning?
Yeah, pretty much.
2) The lyrics include allusions to sun and clouds. How does the world look where you are? Is it sunny or cloudy?
Bright, but grey.
3) This week's featured artist, BJ Thomas, is in the Grammy Hall of Fame for another hit record that uses weather as a metaphor, "Raindrops Keep Fallin' on My Head." Make up a Hall of Fame that you believe you should be inducted into. (For example, Crazy Sam has inducted herself into The Meme Mistress Hall of Fame for her service to Saturday 9.)
Oh, it would have to be the Blog Hall of Fame, 'cause this has been going almost 20 years, and very few other blog writers can say that.
4) When Crazy Sam hears this song, she always sings along ... loud. Is there a song you simply cannot resist singing along with?
Lately I am on a Hamilton kick, and always sing along with "The Room Where it Happens"
5) BJ Thomas has performed this song at The Grand Ole Opry. The Opry has been broadcast on the radio every week since 1925, nearly 95 years ago! Of course, back in the 1920s, radio was the only broadcast media. Today we have other choices. Is listening to the radio part of your daily routine?
Only when I'm in the car.
6) Though their dress code is lenient, country music fans who attend the Opry for a live show are warned: "Just remember, there's one rule we take very seriously here at the Grand Ole Opry -- you must wear something." Easter Sunday is a day many of us dress up. What will you be wearing on Sunday?
For many years, I dressed up on Easter, starting when I was a kid....
These days it's not a big deal and I don't go to church, so I'll just be wearing what I wear every other day.
7) Easter is recognized as the start of the spring season. What are you looking forward to this spring?
It's been spring around here for at least a month...our blossoms have already leafed out.
8) Lilies are popular at Easter. Do you have a favorite flower?
Red roses with a rose smell. Not the red roses that have no smell.
9) Which would rather find in your Easter basket: yellow marshmallow chicks (aka Peeps) or a plastic egg filled with pennies?
Actually, I'd rather find a chocolate bunny!