Sunday, May 27, 2012

Sunday Stealing

The Imaginary Meme, Part II

21. Have you felt that life is like being on a roller coaster?
Well, I don't like roller coasters, and I enjoy life but it certainly does have its ups and downs.

22. Favorite year so far?

Oh Lord, I've lived too many of them to pick just one.  Maybe one of the Lawsuit years, when we loved following the band around...and when all five of our children were alive.

23. Do you consider yourself religious?

I consider myself spiritual, in that I have a relationship with some higher power, but I don't consider myself religious in the sense of belonging to a specific religion.

24. How do you dress to impress?

I don't.

25. Have you ever been to Connecticut?

I don't think so, unless we drove through it on the way to somewhere else.

26. Do you eat sushi?

Yes.  Love some of it. 

27. Would you smoke pot providing there was no risk or driving involved?

No. Not interested in a drug high.

28. What do you think of Idol Winner Phillip Phillips??

Didn't watch Idol, so I don't have a clue.

29. Do you believe that animals have souls?

Oh definitely!  We once believed that what separated us from the animals was our ability to use tools.  That has since been disproven.  Many animals use tools.   We once thought we could not communicate with animals, but look at chimpanzees and gorillas who have learn to use sign language and who can express their wants and emotions.   And besides, how can you look in the face of an animal and not see a soul there?   I remember the death of our dog Toby.  I held him while the vet administered the drug that would end his life.  One minute he was there, the next minute he was not.  He looked the same,but "something" was gone.

30. Who did you last talk to? Share, if you dare.

My husband, who asked me why the back door of the car was opened.

31. What is one thing that always annoys you?

Mr. McCoy (of the Hatfields and the McCoys)

32. Do you believe in a higher being?

I believe in something greater than ourselves. I don't know how I define it.

33. Have you ever fallen in love with a neighbor?

Not since grammar school and Stephen Calegari

34. Any plans for this weekend?

Not any more.  Tom and the family were going to drive up from Santa Barbara to introduce Lacie (9 mos old) to her great grandmother, but then Brianna got a double ear infection, so that plan had to be canceled.  I'm just as glad we don't have to drive on the freeway on a holiday weekend.  But I'm also disappointed at my mother missing out again on meeting her new great grandchild.

35. Would you like to rule your country, if you could?

Good lord, no!!!

36. Do you like watching films about the nature of animals?

Absolutely adore it.  Especially elephants, whales, horses, dogs.  But really I enjoy learning about any animal.

37. What's the difference between love and/or lust?

The price.

38. Do you have a soul?

Well, if I believe animals have souls, I sure as heck believe I have a soul!

39. One best friend or many good friends?

One best friend who lives close enough to see frequently.  If I can't have that, many good friends.  If I can't have that, a few casual friends.

40. Do you believe in spontaneous combustion?

I don't know enough about the science (true or false) involved in it to form an opinion.

2 comments:

Kwizgiver said...

Bummer that your weekend plans changed! Hope the little one is better soon. Double ear infections, yuck!

Harriet said...

Next time you're anywhere near New England, try to make time for Connecticut. Even if there were nothing else here -- though I think you would like the Mystic or Norwalk aquariums -- there's always ME.