Sunday, May 20, 2012

Sunday Stealing

1. Have you ever peed your pants as an adult?
I'm a post-menopausal woman.  It goes with the territory!  However, the most embarrassing time was when I was in my 20s and we went to Lamplighters Champagne Gala.  I was wearing a purple sequined lamé dress.  I was definitely in my cups when we returned home.  We belonged to a babysitting co-op and the babysetter that night was a very proper British gentleman who stood on the top of our stairs when we got home. I stepped on the hem of my dress, fell up the stairs, and peed in my pants.  I still cringe when I think of that--and it was more than 40 years ago!

2. Who do you have a celebrity crush on now?

Nobody.  I enjoy the casts of NCIS, Criminal Minds and White Collar more than most other shows I watch, but not really a crush on any of them.

3. Would you date someone you met online?

Only if it's OK with Walt.  :)

4. Do you wear underwear always?

Usually.

5. Do you hate yourself at times?

Yes.  I hate myself for doing stupid things, for being out of control at times, for things that I may have done and am unaware of....like whatever it was I did or said to Peggy.

7. Do you like dirty movies?

You mean like playing football in the rain?

8. Could you believe Josha Ledet was voted off Idol?

Sure.  I don't watch Idol any more and don't know Josha Ledet so it is no big deal to me.  But can you believe Natalie Morales was voted of DWTW???

9. When was the last time that you bought a car?

Not sure...1995?

10. Have you ever been camping?

Often, in college and when our kids were younger.  Now, it holds no appeal.   For one thing, there is no way I could sleep all night on the ground in a tent!

11. How many times a day do you go on facebook?

Bwahahaha...maybe the better question is "how many times do you go OFF Facebook?   It's not that I am doing things on FB all the time, but if I'm sitting at my desk, I'm always connected.

12. What was the last movie you saw in a theater?

The Help

13. Have you ever worried that you'd cut off a limb?

Never thought about it...though I've never used implements that would put me in danger of cutting off a limb.  I worry about having to have a limb amputated, though.

14. Where did you get your last email from?

A guy from the Lamplighters, writing to give me the answer to a question I asked him yesterday.  Believe it or not, I get almost NO personal e-mail any more.  Lots and lots of other e-mail, but rarely personal e-mail.

15. Favorite website?

The first web site I check every morning is That's My Answer.  After that it's Facebook, then Google Reader to check out new blog entries.  I used to love Pinterest but it seems to have lost its magic now.

16. Are you down with ghetto?

Don't know what that means.  There is no ghetto in Davis.

17. Will the world end in fire or ice?

If global warming continues, it will have to be fire...I hope I'm gone by then.

18. Do you believe in the afterlife?

I believe there is something beyond this life.  I don't have a good mental image of what that is, but I feel it's illogical that life just. ends.  Besides, there has to be an afterlife so I can ground my kids for all eternity for doing stupid things that killed them...and see the people I love who are no longer in this life.

19. Would you be upset if facebook stopped working?

Moderately.  I would adjust.  It's not the major focus of my life, no matter how much time I spend on it.  In a way, I suppose it would be nice to have that distraction gone.

20. How did you start your blog?

I started in 1999, after I met Steve Schalchlin and learned he was doing one.  I figured if Steve could do it, certainly I could (though I was not dying of AIDS).   I have updated almost daily since March 1999.

1 comment:

Kwizgiver said...

There's definitely no ghetto in Northern Maine, either.