Sunday, May 6, 2012

Sunday Stealing



1. When you're home alone, do you still close the door when you use the restroom?
Very definitely.  I don't like to share that experience with the dogs.   Polly sits outside the bathroom the whole time I'm in there, whining.  She hasn't seemed to have accepted the fact that I do come out again!

2. If you have to go grocery shopping, would you rather go alone or with someone

Definitely alone!  Unless it's for something like a pot-luck BBQ and the whole family is shopping together.  But if it's just for the weekly groceries, I like making my own decisions and not wondering what sorts of criticisms go unspoken about my grocery choices.

3. It's your best friend's birthday, would you buy them a gift even though they didn't buy you one for yours?

Sure.  I don't think it's the reciprocation that is important.  It's what I feel like doing.  I don't keep score in who bought who what or in who spent how much compared to who spent how little.

4. You win the lottery. Lump sum or small payments over a period of time? Why?

Depends on how much the "small payments" would be.  There are good arguments for both.  If lump sum, I could make big splash gifts to the kids, to the Compassion kids, and buy a few things for us.  Small payments would be a nice cushion for the rest of my life, I suspect.

5. Do you like your music loud or at a reasonable level

Definitely "reasonable level."  I cringe when I hear cars driving down the street with music so loud I can hear them from inside my own house.  Those are people who are going to be deaf eventually, or at least have serious hearing problems.

6. Are you a beach person or a snowy mountain person

While I like looking at snowy mountains, I would choose beach any day.  There is nothing that revives my soul more than spending time looking at waves crashing on the shore.
 
7. When do you brush your teeth?

At night and in the morning.  Usually.

8. Can you watch scary movies alone?

Oh yeah.  I don't generally watch scary movies, but it wouldn't bother me to watch them alone.

9. Soft bed or firm? And in fantasy land, who's in it with you?

As I have said many times, I don't sleep in a bed.  It's half the night on the couch, half the night in the recliner, and there is no fantasy land about it -- the dog is with me.

10. Would you rather stay home all day, or be out and about?

I really enjoy being at home.  Occasionally it's nice to get out,but I usually make excuses and postpone going out.  That said, when I get out, I usually enjoy myself.

11. What's one of your worst memories (that you are comfortable sharing)?

So would you like the story of our getting the phone call in New York letting us know that David had been in an auto accident and wasn't expected to live, or the story of my phone ringing at 11 p.m. at night, and picking it up, thinking it was Paul (since it showed that it came from his phone) and hearing a policeman tell me that Paul was dead?

12. Do you like to keep the peace or be confrontational?

The one thing I had drummed into me by my mother throughout my childhood was that we had to keep "peace at any cost." I still live by that teaching.

13. Are you more likely to be with a large group of people or a few close friends?

My preferences are for a few close friends.  I tend to hide in the bathroom if I'm with a large group of people.

14. What are your plans for October?

October???  Surely you jest.  At this point I have nothing on my calendar, though I know that there will be the fall season of theatrical presentations to review. 

15. If money were not a problem, where would you like to live?

It's too much bother to move.  I'd just like to stay here.

16. What is your ideal profession?

A writer.  Of course I'd have to actually have some ideas of what to write first.

17. Are you (or were you) close to your Mom and Dad?

I am very close to my mother.  I was never close to my father.

18. What is one fear that you can't seem to overcome?

A tossup between cockroaches and trucks on the freeway

19. Are you good at math?

I am miserable at math. 

20. Editor's note. There is no question 20. It is sort of like getting a "Get out of Jail Free" card. We will do 21 to 40 next time. Peace & love!

1 comment:

Kwizgiver said...

I wish I had worded my answer to #10 the way you worded it!