Sunday, April 1, 2018

Sunday Stealing

1. What Are Three Things You Need To Buy?
* meat for dinner this week
* Depends for my mother
* a couple of craft things


2. My Biggest Hope Is....
That I wake up some morning and discover that I've dreamed the whole last year+ of the Trump administration and that tomorrow will be election day.


3. What Was The Last New Thing You Tried?
Cadbury M&M-like candies.  They aren't worth it.


4. What Mood Were You In Today?
Pretty good.  Remembering the nice lunch I had with a friend I haven't seen in about 15 years or more.


5. What would be a better name for the color of goldenrod-colored paper?
Urine. (I can't help it.  Worked in gynecology for too many years!)


6. Where did you get your silverware?
We have "good silverware" that I hardly ever use because I don't have enough pieces, that I got as wedding gifts and everyday tableware that I bought maybe 10 years ago at Target to replace the mismatched tableware we'd been using for years.  (I decided we were all grown up and we deserved matching things.)


7. What artifact from this past week would you have bronzed as a keepsake and heirloom?
Artifact?  I can't think of anything.


8. What was the most recent ceremony you attended?
A funeral for the founder of a local theater company.


9. What east Asian cuisine is good for your Seoul?
Honey walnut shrimp, any kind of chow mein


10. What life lesson did you learn the hard way?
I have learned a lot about death and grieving, and am learning more every day about Alzheimer's disease.   


11. What do you wish you spent more time doing five years ago?
Flossing.


12. What gets you excited about life?
Brianna's book club meetings.


13. Have you done anything lately worth remembering?
The aforementioned lunch.  Four of us reunited after a very long time.


14. What does your joy look like today?
My joy comes on days when I can visit my mother and she makes sense, if briefly.


15. When you are 80-years-old, what will matter to you the most?
That's only 5 years from now.  I imagine nothing different than now.  My mother's health (if she is still alive, which she probably won't be since she will be 104 by then!), watching my children and grandchildren grow, and hopefully thrive and downsizing here--which will be a task that will take me the rest of my life.  (This is all assuming that I don't get cancer from drinking coffee!)

No comments: