Saturday, August 27, 2016

Saturday 9

Welcome to Saturday: 9. What we've committed to our readers is that we will post 9 questions every Saturday. Sometimes the post will have a theme, and at other times the questions will be totally unrelated. Those weeks we do "random questions," so-to-speak. We encourage you to visit other participants posts and leave a comment. Because we don't have any rules, it is your choice. We hate rules. We love memes, however, and here is today's meme!

 


Saturday 9: Hello (2015)


Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.

1) This video begins with Adele and her flip phone. Is your cell phone a simple or a smart phone?
Well, it's not a genius, but it isn't mentally challenged either.  It's an iPhone 4 which desperately needs replacement. I can no longer play "Word with Friends," which is a great loss!

2) As soon as
her cell is fully charged, Sam disconnects the adapter from the outlet to save electricity. Are you careful about conserving energy?
Sadly, no.  My husband is always turning off appliances I have left running when I leave a room.  I try to be ecologically conscious, but energy is something I don't think about.

3)
Adele sings that she must have a called a thousand times but her former lover never picked up. Think about the last call you made. Did you get through? Did you leave a voice mail? Or did you just hang up?
Well, that's a "yes but not really" answer.  I was trying to reach the director of a local theater company for a story I'm writing.  I got his answering machine and left a message.  (He did call back later and I was able to complete my interview)

4)
Adele brews a cup of tea in the video. How often do you drink tea? Year round? Only in winter? Never?
Almost never.  I'm not a tea fan.  I occasionally have iced tea (but prefer ice water) and once in a great while will have a cup of hot tea, but rarely when I am alone...usually when I am with someone who offers it, or if I go to a "high tea" with someone.  I don't like sweet tea, but some flavored teas are OK.

5) Adele told Glamour magazine she like two sugars in her tea. Do you watch your sugar intake?

Sure.  I watch it all the time.  I don't do anything to control it, but I carefully watch it as I am putting it in my mouth.

6) This song is about reaching out to someone and extending an apology. When is the last time you said, "I'm sorry"?

hmmm.  I'm sure I must have apologized to someone for something this week, but nothing comes to mind.

7) Adele was a heavy smoker who enjoyed the habit and didn't quit until 2015, after  doctors convinced her it contributed to her chronic throat problems. What's something you know you should do for your health?

Probably the only good health habit I have is not smoking.  I should exercise more, eat less, floss more, eat more greens, fewer carbohydrates, etc., etc, etc.

8) Even though she is one of the world's highest-earning entertainers, she recently had her credit card rejected while shopping at H&M. She admits she was "mortified." Have you ever experienced that moment at the counter when your card was rejected?

Not sure.  Not lately anyway.

9) Random question: When you were a kid, did you keep a neat or messy bedroom?

Bwahahaha.  My mother is a Virgo, I am an Aquarian.  It was only neat when my mother couldn't stand it any more cleaned it....or on those rare occasions when the "neatness gene" hit me and I became a whirling dervish and cleaned up.  It never lasted for more than a day.  Kind of like now.

No comments: